• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How interesting is trading for you?

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2016
    sup guys!

just wanted to get a feel of what ppl are expecting from trading (which is probably gonna be implemented... soon?)

there are some ideas bouncing around and ppl either feel it'll be a waste of time (cuz everyone will have everything) or be awesome (get that one thing you really need)

thoughts?

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Im all for it.

Firstly it will help people complete their dex which is good for collectors like me, secondly it will help people get the high CP pokemon they want in their team that they may not have caught,

Years
  • I'm looking forward to it, and really hoping that items can be traded/sold as well.

I work right next to a pokestop, so I am swimming in items, but have extremely limited data and not a lot of opportunity to actually go out and catch/hatch pokemon, so I'd love it if there was a way I could trade my masses of pokeballs in for, say, lures or incense.

Shuhbooty

space and time
    Years
  • I'm super excited for it. It gives more of a chance to help others out when it comes to certain pokemon they can't find. And to help those wanting to rid those certain pokemon (who have no interest in leveling/evolving). Plus it's like the biggest feature of pokemon! Getting to trade stuff. :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    sounds like im one of few that isnt excited for it lol, where i am everyone has pokemon around the same level due to it being a town but if i visit the local cities everyone has much higher CP pokemon due to there being more people/pokestops/rarer pokemon around. When trading comes in it will be who can get the best trade instead of who puts in the most effort and im not interested in trading, every one of my pokemon ive caught or hatched from my effort so that means more to me than getting one from a trade

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2019
    I'm seriously excited for this trading feature as my classmates don't know much about pokemon value. In other words I mean to snag Pokemon like Snorlax from them while giving them Pikachu or Nidorina/Nidorino.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2016
    haha very interesting thoughts... i think the difficulty is being able to find trade partners, time to cook up something ;]

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I feel like the game will be too easy with a trade option...

If there is a trade option, I wan to be able to trade with someone near by only, and trade for mostly equal CP. Like, we can't trade a 50 CP for a 1700 CP.

I wouldn't be fair for those who don't have friends who plays and for those who train hard only for being beaten by someone who got all his Pokemon traded.

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2016
    I feel like as long as they continue to update the game and bring out new generations and cool features like breeding, trading will blend in there very nicely and make the game all around more enjoyable!

Years
  • Very, very excited about trading. More excited about trading than any other feature (honestly, even moreso than new generations).

I'm one small part of the awesome development of The Silph Road and intend to be a a big part of the trade routes moving through the Midwest United States once trading is up and running.

I agree with others that it should be only being able to trade when you're nearby the other partner. That's what we're expecting and anticipating. I will be totally floored and massively discouraged if Niantic ends up doing something different than that. Additionally, I'm concerned about bots and farming--all of that could play a devastating effect in a trade environment, but hopefully Niantic will be smart and prepare for this.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Can't wait for it. Because it gives us the opportunity to get Pokemon that we have difficult in catching, especially those rare ones out there.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2016
    exclusive pokemons will be intresting to trade, i know there are a few groups planning some work around it - wonder if it will involve ppl flying around?

Years
  • exclusive pokemons will be intresting to trade, i know there are a few groups planning some work around it - wonder if it will involve ppl flying around?

I hope so, because I think that having to trade in person will be key to the system's success. If it's just a huge trading lobby, bots will take over and ruin everything.

Back