• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How is your Eyesight?

Years
    • Seen today
    I make this topic after realizing I can see from my left eye again. I have horrible vision in my left eye, and since getting glasses I have not gone without them unless I sleep.

Then I took them off today and realized I could read holding my right eye closed. Something that I could never do previously.

It's more of a question of how is your vision, not asking specifically if you have glasses or contacts. Although that could be part of your answer.

Years
    my eyesight is actually really good for the most part. i do have glasses i'm supposed to wear when i work so i don't get headaches (i look at computer screens all day) but i always forget to wear them unless i'm in the office.

Years
    Eh. Like a 6/10. To the point where I need either glasses or contacts of some sort, but I'm going to go for contacts because I look stupid with glasses and would rather not.

Years
    My optometrist told me my eyesight is better than average after I convinced myself I needed glasses.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    20/20. My vision is perfect, last time I got it checked a few months ago. I'm happy with that; I really don't want glasses until I'm over 30.

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm legally blind without my glasses on.

I always have been, though, since I was like 6 or 7, so I can't remember any different, really.

Everything is a blur when I take them off, but I'm like oh well. At this point they're not getting worse, at least.

Trainer 766

My eyesight has been gradually worsening since the beginning of last year and during this year it deteriorated rapidly to the point where I can only see what's inches in front of me. I guess I had it coming for playing Injustice mobile under the blanket at 3 am back in sixth grade just so I could get limited edition characters. Not worth it, but good times indeed.

(in case you're wondering how something from 2014 would affect my eyesight now; it's the habit and addiction)

Last edited:
    Years
    My eyesight has been gradually worsening since the beginning of last year and during this year it deteriorated rapidly to the point where I can only see what's inches in front of me. I guess I had it coming for playing Injustice mobile under the blanket at 3 am back in sixth grade just so I could get limited edition characters. Not worth it, but good times indeed.

(in case you're wondering how something from 2014 would affect my eyesight now; it's the habit and addiction)

That's probably not what caused it. Screens at night aren't nearly as detrimental to your eyes as is commonly thought apparently.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I've needed glasses since I was about 8 or so, and my eyesight has gotten worse over the years. Dunno if it's going to get worse than it already is or not though.

Years
    I've been wearing glasses for half my life now, so I think my vision is far from perfect :P

Even if I were to ever get it corrected with laser eye surgery, I'd still like to have a prescription for blue light protection since I do stare at screens quite a bit

Trainer 766

That's probably not what caused it. Screens at night aren't nearly as detrimental to your eyes as is commonly thought apparently.
    Maybe not damaging enough to be a factor, but a prolonged exposure, especially if you decide to just let it be for 5 years definitely adds up to the problem. Doesn't help that I had my first glasses two years after that, and another two years later when I could not make out what was on the whiteboard (sat in the middle of the class, mind you). I know age and restlessness are parts of the issue, but there's no denying that my phone addiction does not help.

EDIT: Just found two sites which debunked everything I said previously. Should've looked them up before posting. Oh well, gonna leave it here still as an emblem of my illiteracy.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I've been wearing glasses since I was in third grade so theyre not great lmao. My eyesight got a little better after this one summer where I went without them because they broke and so I stood like a foot away from the TV playing Tales of Symphonia half that summer. idk how it was kinda funny but they haven't gotten any better (I think they've gotten worse bc age) since. Right now iirc both eyes are like -3.75 to -4.25 yikes. Everything is most certainly a blur when I take them off.

Years
    I'm pretty sure it's fine. I once got it tested when I saw outside an opticians a sign that said something like free sandwich if you get your eyes tested and it came back 20/20. That was a few years ago now though but I haven't had any problems ever that I can recall. Both of my parents did end up getting glasses in their late 30s or early 40s though but I don't think either of them have severely impaired sight but we'll see for me...

Years
    my eyesight is actually really good for the most part. i do have glasses i'm supposed to wear when i work so i don't get headaches (i look at computer screens all day) but i always forget to wear them unless i'm in the office.

i made this post yesterday and it's made me realize the reason I've probably had bad headaches this past Friday and today is because I'm not wearing my glasses while I work :(

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
    Used to not be able to see more than two inches away but I got lasik done and now can see five feet further than the average person.

polymorphism

[SPAN="color: #91D1FF; font-family: Noto Serif JP;
    Years
    I'm probably the only person I know with 20/20 vision. That being said I was recently diagnosed with mild colorblindness.

Back