• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How isn't Mudbray being hyped for?

Years
    As a person who's riding and treating horses for 3 years, I'm extremely hyped for Mudbray and Mudsdale (ESPECIALLY Mudbray), the new donkey Pokemons. They are both very true to how real life farm horses/donkeys are like, especially Mudbray, and giving them the ground type just made those two my most hyped for in the entire Alola region.
    I was expecting way more people to be just as hyped for them as I am, but I don't really see that. And I really want to know why.
    Mudbray being one of the cutest Pokemons I have seen announced in a while, with it's long little legs and the unique pony style with it's hair, I can not understand why it isn't more talked about than the new Alolan Exeggutor. Some people may see it's eyes a bit weird, and that is okay, but it's eyes are very true to real life foals/donkey foals.

(Those two images from above are examples of horse foal eyes, and I have used those because there is no difference between horse foal eyes and donkey foal eyes.)
    You might still find a problem with Mudbray's eyes, and that is okay, but just keep in mind, they're true to real life. If the eyes are not what's bugging you, then I would like to know if you have any other sort of problem with Mudbray's design. I'm sure everything has a good explanantion.
    If there is any other reason you think people are not as hyped for Mudbray, I would also like to know about that.
    Or maybe I was wrong all along and Mudbray is like #2 most hyped for Sun&Moon Pokemon and I'm just some blind doof.

I'll stop this random thread now
    thx for reading my opinion
    I like horses

and donkeys

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    It is the pre evolution of Mudsdale, which was hyped and liked by a lot of people. Generally, people don't care about pre evolution if their evolution is shown first.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I think the main focus was on the Alolan forms and that is what seemed to have stood out for the majority of people. It's just how the trailer was delivered and the other new Pokemon revealed weren't as hyped up purely because they were slightly overshadowed of the abundance of the new information that got delivered in the one trailer.

Years
    I think it was because Mudbray was revealed after its evolution and usually when it comes to a new Pokemon it's the evolution that people usually want to see because as one can say, we always want to see the finished product. Alola Forms also kind-of overshadowed it as well.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
    It might be that most people haven't got as much experience with horses as you do. Maybe you wouldn't be such a fan if horses weren't such a big part of your life?

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
    Like others had said, it's due to the fact that Mudsdale came out first so it was underwhelming that a pre-evolution came out for it.

But imo, I personally like the design, but it's not something I would go loco for. Especially Mudbray coming out with the Alola Forms which kinda carried out more baggage than a new Pokémon since it was a new feature.

Years
    I know I keep forgetting about it because I keep seeing stuff for all the other pokemon (mostly the different forms, mostly Exeggutor ah ha), and it's definitely easy to forgot about that cutie whenever other pokemon are taking the spotlight, yeah.

I just about squealed when I saw it, though. I believe my exact reaction may have been along the lines of "oh my god they finally have a donkey!" So yeah. :D

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I didn't actually say if I liked it or not. I really do love it. But Mudsdale is better for me. I live and grew up in a down that is a certain type of horse capitol. Even making a number of monuments and a massive hill called Horse Mountain.

I have always loved Horde type pokemon. I am glad we finally got an official one. And I know Zebstrika isn't really a horse, but I consider it one. So we now have 3 lines. Now I just want some type of Ice type horse pokemon and I will be happy.

Years
    Fine answers those are. Yeah, I guess it would make sense it would be overshadowed by the original Pokemons' new forms.

It might be that most people haven't got as much experience with horses as you do. Maybe you wouldn't be such a fan if horses weren't such a big part of your life?
    François, horses ARE my life x3

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    wait Mudbray is a donkey and not a horse? I thought it was a horse

there's also a lot of new Pokemon revealed, so people's attention is spread thin between all of them

what I really don't get though is why new Exeggutor is getting as much attention as it is, unless it's just that it happens to be good meme fodder

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    I think Mudbray is absolutely adorable. <3 I think Mudbray/Mudsdale [other than probably Litten] are my favorite Pokémon is this gen. so far.

I wanted a donkey Pokémon and now I got it. It gets even better that it goes from a donkey to a horse. I love donkies and horses.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    As Hikamaru said, it's adorable. Made Mudsdale from a "maybe" to a "100%" on my team.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Although I think horses are among the most beautiful animals on this green earth, I'm not really big on how Mudsdale looks. It's totally just personal preference, I do think there is some cuteness to Mudbray at the very least, and there's always the chance they'll grow on me, but as of now I'm not hyped because I'm not digging how they look.

There's also the fact that Mudbray is classified as the "Donkey Pokémon" but Mudsdale is the "Draft Horse." It just doesn't sit right with me. When I saw Mudbray's reveal, I almost said aloud, "Ah, that's the pre-evo of Mudsdale. But it looks like a donkey? I thought it was a horse!" If they had both been straight-up donkeys, that could have created some interesting possibilities. Mainly, the possibility of a new "Mule Pokémon" that is only found when Mudsdale (as a donkey) and Rapidash breed, with itself being in the No-Eggs Group. That's a fun concept I would have liked to see but the fact that this line goes from being a donkey to a horse pretty much shoots that down.

Karous

Captain Obvious
    Years
    Count me in as part of the Mudbray fanclub, it was my favorite of the new mon reveals. It's adorably cute and I'm a fan of donkeys and Clydesdale horses. A herd of the Budweiser Clydesdales were kept in my hometown and I would go to see them often as a child as the stables were open to the public.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    I'm just hoping we get Mudbray early so I can have it on my team. I did the same with Zebstrika and didn't regret a thing!~

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
    I adore Mudbray and Mudsdale. As a horse person, I'm always happy when more horse-like Pokemon are added to the game. This guy will definitely have a spot on my team. :)

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
    Although I think horses are among the most beautiful animals on this green earth, I'm not really big on how Mudsdale looks. It's totally just personal preference, I do think there is some cuteness to Mudbray at the very least, and there's always the chance they'll grow on me, but as of now I'm not hyped because I'm not digging how they look.

There's also the fact that Mudbray is classified as the "Donkey Pokémon" but Mudsdale is the "Draft Horse." It just doesn't sit right with me. When I saw Mudbray's reveal, I almost said aloud, "Ah, that's the pre-evo of Mudsdale. But it looks like a donkey? I thought it was a horse!" If they had both been straight-up donkeys, that could have created some interesting possibilities. Mainly, the possibility of a new "Mule Pokémon" that is only found when Mudsdale (as a donkey) and Rapidash breed, with itself being in the No-Eggs Group. That's a fun concept I would have liked to see but the fact that this line goes from being a donkey to a horse pretty much shoots that down.

Plenty of Pokémon become something based on a different animal when they evolve.

Carvanha = Piranha -> Sharpedo = Shark
    Wingull = Gull -> Pelipper = Pelican
    Remoraid = Fish -> Octillery = Octopus
    Oshawott/Dewott = Otter -> Samurott = Sea Lion
    Pidove = Pigeon/Dove -> Tranquill/Unfezant = Pheasant
    Magikarp = Carp/Generic Fish -> Gyarados = Giant Force of Nature F***ing Dragon Serpent

Off the top of my head.

Years
    Mudbray.. I don't know what to think of it. I feel nothing for it. Like a Magikarp or a Feebas. It's just there to be goofy looking and for hugs. :L

Back