• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How long did it take you to beat the game?

How long did it take you to beat the game the first time?

• 0-5

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • 5-10

• 10-15

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • 15-20

• 20-25

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • 25-30

• 30-35

• 35-40

• 45-50

• 50+

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters
Years
  • How long did it take you to beat the game the first time?

I still havent played it, so I just wounder how long people usually take.

EDIT: I forgot the 40-45 choice, is there any way to edit the poll?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    Im at 69:17 and i havent beat it yet. I still have 3 badges to go i think, then Red, but im not exactly rushing.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • In both my HG and SS games, it took me around 100+ hours to complete them, mainly because of the heavy-duty training I did prior to the E4.

Poketto-Monsuta

Pika Pii
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    like less than 24 hours to get all the badges I think for me(rushed through). But I'm still catching them all!

Blew

Blew Your Mind!
    Years
  • It usually takes me 50+ hours to beat the game. I spend most of the time trading and battling and I quite often leave my DS running when I go off to do something else.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2010
    I took around 60+ hours for double E4, but for Red, which I put off for a longgg while, around 150 hours I think ^^;

Aakeosu

Archaeopteryx
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2011
    On 264 hours, beat the E4 in 15 hours. Not sure when I defeated Red.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I got like over 70 hours because I train a lot for big battles like E4 or Red.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Well, I'm FAR from completing the game considering I've only just obtainted my 3rd badge however, my time currently is 15:13 (Mainly because I leave my DS lying around quite often switched on :P)
    But when I completed it the first time round (In Japanese) my time was in the 70 hours mark, I think. :).

Tatsuo-san

<[Aye, aye, dood!]>
    Years
  • That was 15:21 for a first play through. And its with training, yeah. When I arrived to the E4 all of my Pokemons was around 52-55 level.
    How long did it take you to beat the game?

Now, I have more than 20 hours, and there's still much job to do, I think.

Years
  • well I'm at exactly 200:00 hours (I saved at that point just a few minutes ago! :D (closed my ds and haven't been playing) I'm very proud :D) and... I just beat the 8th gym :) training now to challenge the komono girls (or whatever their names are).

you can't really go by what I'm saying though because I raise every single pokemon I catch (one of each in the pokedex, not counting the evolutions... I evolve the pre evos). so what are there in the pokedex? like 253? take away the evolutions, say theirs 150 of them... that means I have to raise and evolve about 100 pokemon :) so you can't really take my word for how long it'll take to beat the game

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • I have around 150:00 hours or so, and haven't been able to finish it yet. Been busy with school and stuff, hopefully I will finish it before I get Pokémon Black. I was thinking on starting over, but I think I will just finish and then start over later.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    My first playthrough took 24 hours to beat the Elite 4 for the first time and 38 hours to beat Red (Highest level was 70). My main problem was I didn't expect to need to raise an Ice-Type (Lance is WAAAY harder in HGSS than in GSC).

My current playthough clocked 14:59 after beating Lance (highest level was 44), 20:58 to get 16 badges, and and 23:36 to beat the post-nat-dex E4 (highest level was 59). I can already smell a victory against Red once my Amphy can outspeed Lapras. :]

Back