• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How long did it take you to catch Feebas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightrider434343

Intermediate Game Developer
Years
    • Seen May 25, 2010
    Getting Milotic doesn't really seem worth the effort of catching Feebas! I spent 5 hours actually catching Feebas, then I spent about 3 days growing the berries to turn it into a Milotic! What's the procedure for caching a Feebas anyway?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Well I took me about 30 minutes to an hour.
    I am considered lucky, because I know someone that wasted 10 hours on catching feebas and then the game malfunctioned! :O

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Go to Route 119 and fish in every spot avaliable with a super rod (you can use any rod, but super rod is the best because your only other option is carvannha). There are 6 specific tiles that you can catch a Feebas on. It's actually pretty common when you do find the right spot, though, but just to be sure, you should probably fish about 5 times per tile. If for some reason you want to restart, just go to Dewford Town and reset the Trendy Phrase.

Make sure your Feebas is one of the natures that likes dry food. That means Modest, Mild, Quiet, and Rash. Make a helluva lot of Pokeblocks/Poffins that are blue and dry. Best Berry to use is the Ganlon Berry, because that raises Beauty the most. But, you can make do with any berry that is dry (that's any berry that is blue in color. the game producers did that on purpose and made the color of every berry correspond to what stats it raise). When you think you have enough Pokeblocks/Poffins to max out beauty, go for it! I'd make sure that you save before doing this if I were you, because otherwise you'll have to start all over. Once he caps Beauty, level him up once to start the evolution, and you're good to go!

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2010
    i think i spent more than a day(can't remember) coz i don't play it too long on a day

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • took me around an hour to find a feebass and around a day to evolve into a milotic
    one quick question I have never had one in the fourth gen where an I find a feebass or do I have to trade it over I don't play 4th gen much so I do not know where it would be

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I find it strange they placed something so rare, somewhat methodical and yet unexplained in the game...

I knew about the six tiles, but didn't spend much time after I gave up; Dragonair is prettier anyway, I think.

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
    Years
  • I kept track on a calendar...
    Prepare for an EPIC FAIL!

164 days.

Wow. FAIL me.
    But it is LV100 and has beaten the Beauty Contest Master Rank like 50 times.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    i consder myself very lucky on my latest run through in ruby, caught groudon full health with the first ball used which was a great ball and i caught 5 feebas in 20min, they came one after another in the same spot under the bridge on the far left side, i didnt even change that phrase thing in dewford...the only thing thats getting on my nerves is evolving it, i fed one all level 20+ berries and it didnt evolve, it was so close... now im spending days and days growing pamtre berries that are level 50, but they take over 24 hours to grow :(

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • i was lucky i was fishing and there it was i wasnt looking for it or anything i just found it caught it and now one of it offspring is in my platinum game

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • I tried for about 30 minutes and gave up. I never caught a Feebas, and I don't think it's worth it honestly. If I'm going to have an ugly brown fish, I'd much rather go for Relicanth because they're awesome. Well not so much if you take into consideration they have a quadruple weakness to Grass. I think it's awesome though that some people are willing to take the time to look for the elusive Feebas, which only seems to stay in one spot for hours on end. Why didn't they do that with Slowpoke? lol. Anyways, I just wish it were a bit simpler to get a Pokemon, even if it gives you perfect Beauty contests every time.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    About 5 mins. This was on a friends game, of course. I've NEVER seen a wild feebas in any of my games (though my luck isn't that bad; 5 out of the 6 Latias' that i've caught have been with Pokeballs). I quickly traded it over to my game, bred one for myself, and gave it the bunch of blue Pokeblocks i'd been saving up anyway for the contests and voila! A brilliant Milotic. That Marvel Scale (or whatever it's ability is called) is really really handy coupled with Rest.

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
  • When I didn't know Feebas was so rare, I just surfed at Route 119 and voila there was Feebas

Jesh

M E M O R I E S
    Years
  • Haha, I have no idea. Probably like seven or eight hours, I remember staying up one night, sitting in bed, trying every tile about ten times. I caught a shiny Carvana (sp?) so it was worth it when I finally found one. I spent maybe twenty minutes catching them, to trade to friend for money. Haha, I was such a cool fourteen year old. But yeah, I traded a lot of them over to Pokémon Box, and then raised like three into Milotics, Ev training them the whole time. I now have a very very fast Milotic whose Ice Beams are soething to ~marvel~ at. Yes, I am extremely lame. :[

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
    Years
  • I'll forever remember that fateful day: My sis, my bro and me were on the lookout for Feebas since quite a while. We had an unexpected day off and we decided to make a strategy: We devided the the 2 seas in the route into three parts. and so we did it: My bro, with his Ruby, took the northern part of the sea next to the Weather Institute, my sis, with her Sapphire, took the southern part if that sea and at last but not at least, I, with my Emerald, took the sea in the south of the route. And so, I went to my part, together with my Super Rod, my aichu and lots of motivation. After 2 hours, I've checked every part of the sea but I haven't found anything. I pwned every Carvahna I found (my Raichu was 15 levels higher after that btw)!^^ Around 10 minutes later, my sis screamed! She found a Feebas-spot! We fastly went there and caught some Feebas. Afterwards, we had a Pokeblock-party!^^

Ahh, good times...^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back