• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How long did it take you to finish the game?

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
Years
  • I really took my time in HG SS i always tend to rush through games and miss little side quests and stuff so i really Tried to go slow. But it still only took me about 9 days to beat red but then i restarted it and played again and i still have not even gotten up to red again only because i have restarted it about 5 times each rime trying to fill the pokedex right now i have 16 badges and i think at last check i was 474 or something I'm so close i can smell success.

Jerpy

Give me your cookies...!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2010
    On my first save file, it look me ages to complete the game, well to at least beat the Elite Four... When most people were at Olivine City, I was still at the Sprout Tower...
    Oh well, at least I'm spending time raising Pokemon? :l

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • What are you talking about? I'm still playing through it.

I usually take my time; excuse me, but this might be awhile. ):

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    Wow, you guys are quick.
    I like to spend time with my games, especially Pokemon. I got HG on Christmas Day and I've played for 11 hours and I'm at Goldenrod City. I plan to take my time ^_^

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Actually this took me quite awhile to complete. AND I WAS ON SPRING BREAK. Worst record ever. But I did take my sweet time with the game xD I was grinding a lot and trying to complete my pokedex when I havent even finished the game so that explains why it took so long for me to beat the entire game. A freaking month. Gosh. But I am proud to say that after that long grooling month I completed the Johto dex, and I am 43 pokemon away to completing the National Dex.

And what do I get? A freaking certificate with my name on it........I DONT EVEN GET TO KEEP IT! Such a rip-off.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Let me think. I got to Ice Cave in the first 3 days. But it was like 17 hours of play. It took me a little to finish the rest because I did not much other then grind.

But if I play pokemon Black and White the way I planned. I am going to take a lot longer.

weeman10

Mr. Blue Sky
    Years
  • I still havent completed the elite four the second time round :L
    Still haven't defeated Red :L

Mainly because I really am bored of elite four's and such. I'm concentrating on getting my goal of a box full of Espeon. Yes.

infernaperoxx

sinnoh champ
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2011
    it took me about 23 hours to beat the game. (now im bored cos i have nothing to do in my soulsilver game)

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2013
    apprently according to my game it took me 3:16... im 99% sure that its incorrect.

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    It took me about 3 weeks to finish the game, but I restarted the game a few weeks ago.

Years
  • Feels like I'm reading the most incredible pile of rubbish ever :S

I find it hard to believe people beat red in under 30 hours, especially 8!?!?!?!

It takes me at least 30 hours to get to the elite four in any game, then at least 5 hours training for the elite four. Don't think i've ever done it less than 40 hours. 50 something hours in now and I have 12 badges.

85% of my game is spent training or battling, making genuine progress in the game.

Helixros

Desolate Angel of the Fallen
    Years
  • My first Soul Silver finish took me to 13:59, and I was using the barest level limits and lugia, and I skimmed right through, very close call though, Lance is the worst...

Feels like I'm reading the most incredible pile of rubbish ever :S

I find it hard to believe people beat red in under 30 hours, especially 8!?!?!?!

It takes me at least 30 hours to get to the elite four in any game, then at least 5 hours training for the elite four. Don't think i've ever done it less than 40 hours. 50 something hours in now and I have 12 badges.
    QUOTE]

That is because you dont rush like some people (yours truly!) and I never payed enough attention to EV's until about 3 months ago

Last edited:

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
    Years
  • How long did it take me to finish? I'll have to get back to you on that at a later date XD
    I pre-ordered the damn game and played it religiously for a while, only to get distracted by several other games along the way. If it weren't for the fact I refuse to call the game beaten until I've gone though the elite 4 second wound and defeated Red, I could say I was done ages ago.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Bah, I'm still not all the way done. I have yet to beat Blue because training in Heart Gold does not appeal to me. :/ I should go call some gym leaders for a rematch, maybe.

Back