• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How long do you play games for?

How long do play games for in a day? (Approx)

• No more than an hour a session

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Between one and two hours a session

Votes: 20 40.8%
  • Around four or five hours a session

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Way beyond any of the above!!!

Votes: 7 14.3%

• Total voters

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    After hearing this thing on the news one day about WoW players playing for around 19 hours straight, I've thought about asking how long you guys play games for in a day.

I'm not just talking about online games like WoW, but games in general. Do you go for an "all nighter", or do you take an hourly session with a 15 min break in between?

Personally, I spend no more than a couple of hours a session and I spend about two or three in a day. The only exceptions is when I buy a new game that I've been looking forward to and I tend to play those for around three or four hours solid.

Discuss...

Years
    The longest I've played a game in a row is 10 Years hours.

If I get a new game (and it isnt awful) I will play it for about 5 hours then probably 6 the next day since its usually the weekend.

If I am playing normally I usually get in 1-2 Hours.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    It varies but I'll go for that 4—5 hours option.

CoD4/5 multiplayer is unstoppable. :0

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I usually play for 5-7 hours, but that's because I have parents. I bet I could pull an all nighter if I lived by myself and had nothing to do the next day.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I done a 24 hour bender with a friend once. I have never felt so appallingly tired or ill in my life.

Normally I play for about 2-3 hours a day depending if I;m home or not.

Confuse

the points never matter
    Years
    I can't sit still for more than an hour, so I stop after about that long.

Yet that doesn't apply to the computer, oddly.

Years
    The longest bout I had going was 39 hours, 26 minutes (that was with Final Fantasy XII), but I obviously cannot do that every two days. My average is about 4-7 hours a day, depending on how much time I spend on the internet/computer and how much homework I have.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    On average, I play for atleast 2-4 hours.
    It mainly depends on the amount of free time I have left. I believe the most I ever played was 14 hours (About the time brawl came out.).

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    2-3 hours normally unless I have got a brand new, very engaging game that I get stuck into. The longest I have ever played non-stop is about 8 hours on Wolfenstein ET

Houndoom88

Pokemon Ranger
    Years
    at weekends i play for about 7 hours but at days in the week for about half an hour because of homework

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    My longest was an almost 24 hour smash fest with melee. Oh god me and my friend had trouble going to school the next day XD bt yeah mostly 1-2 hours now.

Vkazuic

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2010
    Depending on how obsessed I am with the game and if I get interruptions, I can usually play a game for the whole day.

But either than that, usually just 2 hours, usually I get kicked off. >_O

Years
    Thanks to NaNoWriMo, my playing time's cut down to one hour at a time mostly.

However, I can play sessions that usually last 4-5 hours. My personal record is 12 hours playing Grand Theft Auto IV, taking breaks to do bathroom business and eating snacks while I played.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    It really depends, sometimes I don't even play at all and other times I play over 8 hours. If I had to give an average I would say about 4-5.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2019
    Normally I'll play a game for about 3-4 hours, I don't really play much during the week though.

Back