• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How Long Do You Play?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Do you play X and Y every day? If so, for how long? And if not, then which days do you play? Also, what was the longest time have you ever played either of these games?

As for myself, when I first got a hold of Pokémon Y, I used to play it on the weekdays for approximately three hours. First day I got it, though, I ended up playing it for six hours straight. It was just so addictive! After taking a short break, I played one more hour. On my first day, I think I managed to defeat three gyms. Either that, or maybe it was four. xD The hardest gym leader would prooobably have to be the second—Grant. His Amaura was hard to take down, and his Tyraunt was even harder. With Bite and Rock Tomb, Tyraunt was able to get through my Squirtle and Quilladin pretty easily. At that time, these two were my most valuable team members, as their stats were quite high. I was able to defeat him eventually, though. Anyway, so, after I was done with the story, I started playing the game less and less. Nowadays, I play this game only on the weekends, for about an hour and a half. I'd play it more, but… there's else to do in there. D:

Yuuto

Community Helper~
    Years
  • I used to play tons, but these days I either have to be in the mood or have to help someone out before I turn on my 3DS anymore.

Still 128 hours of play time is great for the price of the game and I still play occasionally.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2020
    The first few days I played over 4 hours a day. Now I play maybe an hour or so. I have 85 hours of play time so far.

Years
  • I've played 5-8 hours a day or more when I just got the game. xD; Now it's less but still a fair bit since I like to breed and battle in the Battle Chateau. Most of the time I'm doing something else on top of playing now, though!

Years
  • Now that I have beaten the E4 I only play 10ish mins at a time every other day or so. Before that I played every day for 1-1 1/2 hours. I think I've only played for like 9ish hours.

TouretteUnicorn

Professionally unprofessional
    Years
  • I have 32 Hours Logged in so far.

I manage to put in about 3-4 Hours on the week days, and 5-9 on the Weekends.

Edward Newgate

Everyone is a child of the sea
    Years
  • Well, I got the game Friday night and have now got about 40 hours of gameplay. It's pretty 'addicting', but in its own way. You can stop, but you just dont. It's a very nice game, especially since there's so much to do over the internet

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • I've got over 258 hours in. I play everyday and I'm actually either breeding or away from my 3DS for a while. I have it on all day on the weekend and I play it on free time periods at school. I have no life.

Last edited:

Pr3

Years
  • Over 200 hrs here. I'm in it everyday breeding or looking for RE Shinies. Don't judge me. :D

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    been playing for like 1.5 hours a day and if i feel like it i play like 3 hours a day...

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Hm, koffi~

I think I have 50 hours on Pokemon X and 45 on Pokemon Y. I haven't beaten either yet, but I think I'll go forward with Y. It's fun to play. I think I play at least an hour or two a day to check on berries and buy clothes and what not. Still waiting for the Pokemon Bank to come out. I'll flood the world with Koffing! Anyways, lots. It's late and I'm tired, don't read too much into this post, koff~

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I play so long some days I can't even remember when I started/stopped.
    If I had to guess probably 5-6 hours on average. :B

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • I have clocked 66:00 hours so far in pokemon X. I used to play it for 3 hours a day but due to RSI I only play it an hour a day.

xRekke

Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2014
    When i got the game first, i spend 15 hours straight (talk abt no life) ...
    But now i spend 3~4 hours daily for EV training and basic trading ~

bradenm

Wheelie say find friends today
    Years
  • 116 hours since getting it on release day. I've barely played it this week due to buying Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate... I'm booting it up now tho :D. When i first got it, i played it for 3 days straight, finished it on the 2nd day. That was a good no-life weekend xD

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • I played for about 80 hours now, when I got my Pokemon X game on release date I played ever since, but after a week (when I just finished the Pokemon League) my game crashed in Lumiose (while I was doing those agonizing Looker missions >.>) because of the save-glitch... (65+ hours game time lost)

So now I have about 80 hours of game play, finished the League so now I am just training more Pokemon I like, get serious with breeding, chain-fishing, Shiny Hunting with PokeRadar and getting many Friend Safaris :3 I play before I get to work for about 30 mins (or else it will be a boring train-trip to get to my job lolz) and when I'm going home. I also play at home for like 2 hours or so before getting to bed, and in the weekends (Saturday/Sunday) most of the day with friends :3 Call it a no-life but I just really like these games and since I'm living in The Netherlands it rains most of the time so I won't bother going outside xD

Back