• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How long does it take you to apologise?

Years
    Since I always imagine I'm making mistakes and slighting people I apologize almost immediately, but a while back I started second guessing myself so sometimes I don't apologize when I should. It's all very confusing and I've given and taken back apologies plenty of times.

Ayselipera

- If I realize that I was the person who was wrong or I feel truly sorry then I'll apologize pretty quickly. Within a day or so. Although one time it lasted months, but that's another story. :)

- Not that I remember.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    1. How long does it take you to apologise in any situation?
    Depends, but most of the time it's right after I find that I'm guilty, or at least when I think I'm guilty.

2. Have you ever taken back an apology?
    Maybe once. Not really sure on that.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Usually almost never, because I put my mistakes behind me and don't dwell upon them more than necessary to learn from them. People who expect an apology might as well dip themselves in hot oil, because I never apologize just because someone feels like they or another person deserves one, I have to feel as if I mean it or I won't say it, and saying/doing anything to force my hand usually has the opposite effect.

If someone I care enough about is hung up on something I did, badly enough, I'd apologize if I felt it'd help the situation any, and if I felt I could do so without sounding bitter, angry, negative, or insincere.

When I do apologize, it's usually within a day or two if I can.
    Never. Getting an apology from me is rare, and when I do say it, I always mean it.

Jesh

M E M O R I E S
    Years
    It depends. If I was just messing around, like, instantly. Other times can take a few weeks :c

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Not long. Whenever the situation calls for it, I usually am wrong, and I have little trouble accepting that.

Not outright. The last time I felt like doing that was when some hot-tempered avatar on a game I play cussed me out (dodging censors all throughout, he got muted twice. =P). Poor dope. But, yeah, it doesn't happen often, and hardly ever outright.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    If I feel like they deserve it, as soon as I can tell them. Which is usually like a day

Once. Because my friend was being a jerk.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    Uhh. Well it depends. If I don't want to seem weak, I try to wait a bit. When I really think that I shouldn't be apologizing, I never will apologize (unless the other person is just taking too damn long, then I'll confront them). But when I really don't want to fight with someone, I'll apologize, and when I recognize I was wrong, I'll try to apologize within the week lol..

When someone reacts rudely to an apology (ie. saying "yeah, you should be sorry.") I'll sometimes be like "you know what, screw you. I don't apologize." and walk away.

WasNotMe

Charliezard is hot... >_<
    Years
    When I don't mean it, I apologise straight away. If I actually do feel sorry then I probably won't say it at all P:

Years
    It simply depends on what the situation is. If I and some others think that the dillema wasn't truly my fault, I won't be apologetic unless I get given good reasoning that would alter my mind.

On the other hand, if the situation is pretty serious and isn't going my way, I will try and apologise as soon as I can in my time.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years

1.) It depends on the situation and who the person is. If I feel that the person deserved what I did, then hell no. I won't apologize. No ****ing way. But if I over-reacted and I could have found a better way to do it, then usually I will apologize once both of us have calmed down and when I really mean it. I never apologize by force or before I am ready.

2.) Yes. I have many times. If the person starts being a dick to me, then yep.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    Usually if it's a minor thing a day, maybe a few hours. It realy does depend on the situation for me; if it is a huge fight then it could take over a week, litrally, and usually I still think I am right in the back of my head somewhere, I just don't want to argument to continue. If it is a minor one as I said before,a few hours or a day at the most. Yes, I hate saying sorry at times. D:

Yes because the person started another argument straight after I said it...then we flew into angry sparks again. Otherwise I don't think I have ever done it since that time, unless I have forgotton any.

To be honest I don't really get into a situation where I have to say sorry, it's a rare occassion for me to fight because of my friendly nature.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
    It really depends on the situation. If it was a legitimate argument and the other person was nice about it then I apologize immediately. But if they act like a cocky... you know what then I don't even think of saying it. To be honest, I argue with my fellow students most often and I'm usually right so it doesn't come up much. And if I'm wrong then I manipulate the situation so I look like I'm right.

Back