• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How long have you been into pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    i played pokemon yellow when i was about five (did horrible, btw) then i bought my gameboy color and pokemon crystal bundle pack when i was about six, and i've been playing them ever since!

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2010
    I've been into pokemon since I got a brand-new Yellow and my lime green gameboy color for my eighth birthday. I then got both Red and Blue for Christmas that year, I got the 2nd generation games for birthdays and christmases too. I took a bit of a break after that though, I didn't have a GBA. But wouldn't you know when the DS came out I was able to buy one on the school bus with Sapphire in it! After playing through that a few times I started longing for the old games, blue was my favorite, and by golly, the same kid who sold me my Sapphire just happened to have a LeafGreen he didn't want, 10 bucks later, it was mine. This was about a month before D/P came out, so I was still pretty into LG when they came out. Then all my friends got D/P on it's release day and I was left with LG. Now I couldn't let that happen, so I gave a buddy who worked at Target $160 bucks and said "Get me a DS Lite and Diamond, and keep the change",(it turned out to be like $0.60). I beat Diamond in the next few days and have pretty much been trying to breed new teams, and get all my Sapphire and LG pokemon over ever since.

Kaiyori

Godzrilla hungry?
    Years
    I was into P O K E M O N,

About 4 years ago, Just around before i joined PC, I absolutely loved playing the Colour Generation Games, I didn't play much of Metal Gen, I have diamond and i leik, play it non-stop XD;

subaku

Edging the border of ruin...
    Years
    I started playing Gold and from there was hooked. I've played every pokemon game for Gameboy since then and have enjoyed every single one.

Moonlit Umbreon

Elusive Within The Shadows
    Years
    That's such a tough question because it was so long ago... I think I was 4 years old, so 12 years ago, I even remember picking out my very first Pikachu doll that age... it would cry "Pika-chu! Pika-chu! Pika-chu!" when you pressed it's belly, funny though, because I still have it today and it still makes the same little Pika noises as it did before. I promised to keep and cherish it forever. Promise kept. =)

Valarauca

I > U for all real values of U
    Years
    I got silver, 2300 hours), red(500ish), ruby (timer reset), firered(silver t card), emerald (all gold badges in battle frontier), and now getting pearl

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    Wow, really have to think back for this one...

The first time I heard about Pokemon was in kindergarten. I don't think the games were even out, then. I remember my friends would all be like, "Devon, Devon! You have to see this show! It's so WICKED!"
    Don't even say you didn't use the word "wicked" when you were young ;3

Anyway, I used to get mad, because I didn't have a TV back then. I'd sit in my room, litteraly thinking how good this so called "Pokemon" must be.

Then, one fateful day, I just happened to be flicking through the channels at my grandmothers, when I hear, " ♪ I wan't to be, the very best, that noone ever was...♫ ". I knew right away what it was. How? Well, you see, apparently all little kiddies go through a phase where all they want to do is sing the theme song to their favourite show. So after about four months of enduring this, I pretty knew the Pokemon theme song by heart, even though I'd never actually seen the show.

Anyway, back tothe point.
    There I was, sitting on my grandmas couch in awe, watching little creatures dance around on TV, with lighting bolts coming out of their faces and leaves coming out of their backs.

Three words; I WAS HOOKED.
    From then on, every day I'd run to my grandmothers house just to watch Pokemon, until finally my family got a TV. Then I was in heaven.

And you can't even imagine how overjoyed I was when the first game, Pokemon Red, came out. I got a Gameboy Pocket, and a copy of Pokemon Red for Christmas. I was the first kid in my school to have the game.
    :\ It certainly did get stolen a few times...

But anyway, that was back when I was in kindergarten; 1998. Now I'm in grade nine, so I'd say I've been into Pokemon for about ten years now.

Omigawd, I just wrote a novel :<

Years
    I've been into Pokemon ever since I could remember, seriously. I bought my GameBoy Color with Yellow. Ever since, I loved the games. I played until I beat Emerald (I beat R & S & E like 10 times). Then I stopped for a few years then when D/P came out, I started playing again. So like I guess 7 years since I'm 12.

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
    Hmm... that would be like a decade ago... i started off with watching the anime then got hooked on the game... i still remember how i would get their names all mixed out... lol!

Harwinder

Pokemon Breeder - EV Trainer
    Years
    Well, I;ve been playing the pokemon games ever since gold and silver came out, but I have been watching the show since it first came out.

beau99

かすみ
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2008
    Got into the anime in 1998, so 10 years. I owned Blue, Silver and Pokemon Pinball. Lost interest shortly after Gold/Silver. Interest came back shortly before I got Emerald.

~GallantBlade~

Master trainer
    Years
    i started with pkmn 1998. after igot silver 2002 (i think), my gba plus silver got stolen, so i quited, but started again 1-2 years later.

Last edited:

Acrutheo

The boundless night~
    Years
    When I was six or seven, I was at my friend's house, and he showed me the first episode of pokemon. I enjoyed watching the show, but never got into the games until I was eight. For Christmas in that year, I received the Pokemon TCG. I loved that game.

Then, for my ninth birthday, I received Pokemon Yellow, which got me started on loving the main series of RPGs.

In short, pokemon altogether: ~9 years, pokemon games: ~7 years, pokemon main RPGs: ~6 years.

Terri

Whatever floats your boat
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2015
    i started when i saw the first ever pokemon episode broadcasted on ome saturday morning show i was watching, that was in 2000, so 8 years for me

skyterra

In Olivine city
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2008
    Well, it all started for me when a bunch of my friends were playing Gold and Silver. I had a GBA at the time, and went to blockbuster to see hat it was all about. I rented Gold, and was hoked. I bought a gold version later on. I was one of the last people in my school to get Ruby, but a friend of mine and me played it obsessively. but then it died out. I still got FR/LG, and Emerald tho.

I got diamond the day it came out and I was hooked once again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back