• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How long have you had your Nintendo DS?

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
  • I got a DS Lite shortly after Christmas 2008 I think, I'm not sure exactly what year, I traded the DS Lite in for a Black DSi in March this year

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
  • I've had my blue phat since spring/summer 2006. It still works perfectly, and it's the only DS I have. After five years of playing with it, I'll replace it with the 3DS.

EDIT: I envy the OP, a crimson and red DS would be totally badass. Wait...It's going to be one of the colors of the 3DS! =3

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
  • I got the original phat ds back when it came out for Christmas. But it broke in 2008 -_-
    Christmas 2009, I got my black ds lite :D It still works, but the L button is messed up..

Now, I think last May, this year, I got my white dsi. And I don't play it much..

Black Prince

±♠ サヨナラ ♠±
    Years
  • My DS is a Lite one.
    I bought it...The last time I came to Sydney.
    Last year, if I'm not wrong. xD
    I had a normal one before, but since I got the DS Lite, I gave the old one to one of my friends. (Which is really happy with.)
    But now, I would like to buy the 3DS. I don't mind the DSi.
    But the 3DS, it is awesum'! But I don't have enough money. ;W;​

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I bought my Nintendo DS lite and Pokemon Platinum from a friend of mine. Ever since, I've been taking care of it with all my effort. There were times when my sister took it out of my room and lost it, but that's only been eight times. This time I placed it on top of the television; she won't be having it for a long time.

Years
  • My DS would be one of the oldest out. I bought it on 25th February 2005, which is the day after the Australia release. Original Silver, for the win. :D That makes it 5 1/2 years old. Damn.

I don't know what I'd do if it died. I doubt I'd buy a new one at this point.

Esmas

General
    Years
  • I got a DS Lite about three years ago visiting my friends and family Montréal, which came with Pokémon Diamond. Now the touch screen is unusable and it's got a bunch of punctures in it xD; Then I bought a DSi sometime the week it was released, and now the light blue colour has faded on the edges and the L and R buttons seldom work... :|

chikorita125

^ ment to be Happy Azumarill
    Years
  • i have gone through 3 ds's, my first one was a White DS lite, whitch i was really exsited to get, then i got a Black DS lite because my White one had so many scrtches on the screens, then i got my White DSi. i still have my Black DS lite, but the clips theat keep the top screen on, ne of them are brocken.

Coukie

It's only faint
    Years
  • I've had my clunky ol' phat DS ever since the release years ago, and I just bought my DSi when it was released. :P I never had a Lite, haha.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
  • Well, when the first model of DS was on the market, I was with Nintendo at the time going, "Meh, this is just a new little gimmicky thing". Right about when everyone figured out the Game Boy line was going to die with the GBA SP(and that crappy Micro), I got the message. A little bit after the release of the DS Lite, I bought an original model blue DS for about $10(yeah, it was a steal). This was 07 or 08. Fast forward a little bit, and the R button stopped working. Then the whole damn thing stopped working. So I bought a brand-new DS Lite, again it was blue.

Fast-forward to last week. The same person who I got my first DS from was looking to sell his DS Lite to Gamestop. I bought it from him for the same amount he would've gotten: $20. I now own 2 DS Lites, and intend on trading one in around 3DS time.

FlameShocker

C++/ASM Programmer
    Years
  • IMO, DS's break too easily. I don't remember how many DS's I've had. Four, I think, not counting my now-broken DSi. First, I got a DS Phat on... I think December 27 or 28, 2004 (I bet not many people can boast that they had one from the year it came out, even if mine was from nearly the end of that year). Then, in October '06, the hinges broke. I got a Black DS Lite then. The main reason I ever replaced any of my DS Lites (it was two times, I think, maybe three) is because of scratched up touch screens. The DS Lite I got in '08 (I think that was when I got it) is still black, but it's blue on the outside part of the top screen, in the same way as those crimson and black DS Lites are. Then, last year, I finally got a system on the day it came out: my now-broken DSi. I don't remember Nintendo's official name of the color, but it's sky blue, to say the least. The reason it's broken is because I tried to take it apart, and then I broke it by pushing too hard on the screws. The fact is that if they'd used tri-wing screws, I'd never have opened it and broken it.

Years
  • I've had my DS Phat(which I wasn't even considering getting until Pokemon D/P came out) for about three years, but after a freak accident one of the hinges completely busted, and the second one isn't far from joining it. After that, I got a white DS Lite, and I've had it for about two years.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • Six years, since release. My phat DS can take a lot of punishment. It's finally getting replaced this fall by a 3DS though, /cry.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
  • I got my first DS -that is, the old one XD;- in...hum...200- something xD
    Maybe 2007 or 2005...Yeah, I think it was 2005 o:
    And now I have a Lite one, which was bought in 2009 :3

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Well, I've had two DS Lites all up. The first one I bought during a trip to Hong Kong in 2007. It was Enamel Navy, and since that colour never got released in Australia, I thought that it would be cool. Bad idea. The fuse soon blew in less than a year and I remained without a DS of my own until mid-2010. I survived off of my sister's DS, which she so generously lent me when I needed it, and I also borrowed some of my cousins' DS Lites and DSi's, since they lacked games and waited for me to buy them some. Eventually, a random act of kindness landed me with a black DS Lite, and another gift from a friend landed me with Pokemon HeartGold.

Long story short: I've been in contact with DSes for about 3 years now, but only owned them for less than a year in total.

Back