• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How long will you be up playing?

Usohachii_Pot

Prepare....for the 4th Gen.
    Years
    Well, now that we know that Morning/Day/Night will be in it, how long will you be up playing?

If I don't have a guide and if I resist taking a look at ALL the new Pokemon when a list comes out, I'll be playing it all morning, day, afternoon, night and midnight.

Because of the SURPRISES!

Also, Ash_Pokemaster owes me a Thunder Stone if you can only catch Perappu in the early morning or late night.

Last edited:

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    When I get Diamond or Pearl, I'll start playing it the moment I get it untill I get too tired to keep playing (which will probaly be way passed midnight n_n). It doesn't matter at what time you can find a Pokémon I like, I'll stay up all night if it's needed to get Dunsparce, Perappu or some other cutie. <3

It will probaly take a very long time for Diamond and Pearl to come out here in Finland, though. At least I'll have something to look forward to for at least more than a year. ^_^

Tw1tch

Amateur Dragon Breeder
    Years
    I will play it EVERY MOMENT OF EVERY DAY UNTILL I PASS OUT FROM EXHAUSTION! Seriously, I just spent the last 24 hours awake playing my Sapphire. Then again, people have "accidentally" saved over it so many times that I to restart and regain everything I lost. I hope that doesn't happen with Diamon/Pearl.

Anyway, I will play as long as humanly possible. Maybe I'll stop so that I can watch Star Trek: TNG, BUT THAT'S IT!

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    Well, i did hear that the day\night factor is a bit more complex in D\P than G\S\C, instead of just morn-day-nite, its supposed to be something like early morn-morn-afternoon-evening-nite-late nite. So if I have to stay up till 2am I will. I usually stay up that late anyway(except on school days of course).

Years
    I WILL KEEP PLAYING UNTIL I DROP! I'm serious, I mean first I'll check out all the Pokmeon and stuff. But D/P is really going to be cool! I don't care if I stay up.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Bearing in mind there are five time slots for Diamond/Pearl, not two as in GSC, things could get interesting when it comes to catching at certain times of day. Of course, what a lot of people did was to set the time differently to normal, so you could have the evening ingame set in the afternoons real time, so you're not losing sleep. It's a bit more confusing, but it means you could catch all of the Pokemon easier. With D/P though, you'd probably need to set to an optimum time where you could encompass all five time slots easier and still get enough sleep.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2006
    i know im going to do just like i did for g/s i stayed up all night playing silver but i was a bit younger then now it'll probably be a little bit worse dude i'ma shoot for two day's with this one so i'ma do me one up and buy a bunch of expensive coffee with the games too yeahhhh ok yea ima dork but still

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    If Diamond-Pearl comes out during the school year I'll probably mostly be playing during the Evening/Night similar to when Gold/Silver first came out...because I'll be at school during the day.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2006
    well im a baker so im gunna have to take it to work and play it on my breaks... cos its the only time id get it or id make sure i go on holidays lol and wen it comes out in the us im gunna buy it cos i cant be bothered waitng for it to hit AUSTRALIA and wen it does ill sell the US versions and get the Auzzie versions cos u get a good deals wen u buy them usually a pick of dvds pins or a gba's

Years
    I will play it when I have time for it. If it uses the DS's Clock, I can time travel.

I hope they use the DS clock, since they've managed to screw up time in 5 games.

Years
    If it comes out during the school days, i will have to play it in the evening because i will be college, thought i could have some free slots during the day when i am in college, hum... this game better had be good because i am psyced up for it¬!

Kazyx

H(u)Gs & (ki)SSes for everyone
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2009
    I myself am not too excited about the time system, when I first got Gold and Silver I only played during the night, since I'd set the clock wrong by mistake and I always got home at 4 realtime, 7 gametime. I'll end up missing SO much sleep though from this game cause I'll be up playing even when I'm supposed to be sleeping. (Yay! ^^)
    Though if Perappu IS during Early Morning or Late Night like you think it is Usohachii_Pot, then I'll probably sit there playing though the night and to early morning, trying to catch that thing. Though I suspect the musical bird is probably during midday or whatever the game calls it, though that's just me.

Back