• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how long you can go without listening to music?

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    some people, i see , love music so much that they are listening in car, bus etc..

Years
  • Not for too long. Whenever I'm outside, if I am not with someone and if I am not doing something important, I'm listening to music. Bus, car, street, doesn't matter, music all the time. :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I like music, but I could go an endless amount of time not listening to any and be fine. I have this bad habit of when I'm in the car and the radio is on I literally don't notice it going to commercial because I'm not listening to begin with.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
    Years
  • six to eight hour at most. Only because with my job as inventory auditor we are not aloud to have are personal music device or cell phones out. It killer sometime because we have some stores late at night that we have to counted and we have nothing but complete silent or people talking.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • A few hours kills me, and I would go crazy at school if I forgot my headphones, if that's any measurement.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I can go for about a day maybe two without listening to some kind of music. I can't stand not listening to something at all times.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Probably a few hours (3 or 5) to a day, but when I don't listen to music I either have to be sleeping or playing games

Years
  • I've losed my earbuds numerous times, so of course I've been forced to live without music for weeks at a time until I purchase a new set to bring with me to school, but I can voluntarily not listen to music for around three or four hours before listening to something. Only exception would be when I have headaches - in that situation, I try to avoid anything technology based and just lie down, haha.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I listen to music when it's reasonable to do so. For example, I won't listen to music on the subway so I can hear announcements. I won't listen to it walking in places I've never been before because it's dangerous. I'll listen to it whenever I'm in the car, walking places where I've walked them before and know they're safe, on a bus where I don't need to pay attention to people, etc. I have no problem disconnecting from it if necessary and feel a bit anxious when I'm in public unable to hear if someone is addressing me or if I need to pay attention.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Not that long. I listen to music while I'm on the bus, while I'm working/studying, or while I'm browsing the internet. I can't really work without music playing, so whenever I forget to bring my headphones to school it's always very sad. :(

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Probably a day or two at most.

I listen to my i-pod mainly when I'm traveling to and from work, and when I'm going to bed. Music helps me prepare for the hustle and bustle of a busy day, and helps me unwind on my way back home. As for going to bed, I fall asleep much quicker if I'm listening to music. If I try to fall asleep without it, I have a million thoughts flying past me that makes it very hard to just slip away since my mind is constantly buzzing. If I'm listening to music, my mind can focus on one thing, and I'm not laying awake contemplating the mysteries of the universe or my next story idea.

VividSpaceRain

Living on the moon.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2014
    Probably only about 2-3 days any longer than that and it would drive my crazy. {XD}

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • To be honest, I really can't go a day without any type of music. If I don't have anything on me to listen to music with, I start to make a simple beat by clapping and then I add a melody with it. Ah, such is the life of a wanna-be musician.

Back