• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen how many days did you take you? R/B/Y

monkeymandude

The Poke Breeder
Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    i wanna know just how long it takes you to complete these games.
    I call it completed when i beat the E4.

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Depends whether you're running through the game for the sake of finishing it, or loitering around playing with your faves and in your spare time.
    They can be finished in mere hours I'm sure. On the other hand I've got a game I started over a month ago and still haven't finished, I haven't even turned the GB on for weeks. I'll get to it though. :D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Well when I was little, I played my cousins version and I beat it in one week, but that was a while ago.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2015
    I beat it in about a day, but i half assed it, i didn't touch the seafoam islands, or the powerplant. I did the bare minimum and concentrated on the elite 4.

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I spent a long time playing all 3 of them. When I was younger I wanted to see all there was to see of the games, look for secrets and "Catch 'em All"...but I gave up on that last one when G/S/C came out, I've only filled my Pokedex in Red.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2010
    My first game on pokemon yellow

It matters wich way your saying if your saying it wene you train all your pokemon upto 80 and more that could take 2-3 weeks

But once I finished my game I had a go of completing it as quiqelly as I could it took me 5 hours at the end my pokemons levels were at 50 some even 60

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • I don't really remember how long it took me. I remember it took me much longer than it should have when I first played Red, mainly because I was a child.

Fusionx

Capable Hacker
    Years
  • i remember when i first got poke yellow for my birthday when i was 10. i got up to brock and because i only trained pikachu. i kept getting slaughtered. after i FINNALY beat brock after days on end battling him. it took me like a month to get to the elites. and i only beat the elite 4 sucessfully once. thank the lord im much better at pokemon these days. i found that yellow was the hardest for me to finish.

Years
  • I started playing Pokemon Blue when I was 3, so I typically wouldn't remember. What I do remember is that I got to Brock, beat him with Squirtle, then after getting through Mt. Moon, I lost the game boy (and game) at a rest stop in Philly. Today, however, I could probably beat it in a few days. I've gone through about 10 different Red runs, so yeah. :P

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    It only took me a week to finish Red but I'm on capturing all the legendaries. I can't find Articuno and Moltres. Pain in the ass.

Lil naps

Pirate
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2011
    I never had pokemon on gb or gbc but on a emulator no cheats i can do about 5-10 hours (normal speed)

Years
  • Right now, I have about 60+ hours on my red version. I keep switching my Pokemon for different types, and grinding the new additions to the same level (currently training two Pokemon to level 50, and they're about level 30... got some time to go. :( ) The only things I need to do before finishing are to beat the last two Gym leaders, and beat the Elite four. Since I plan on having Pokemon at level 75, I think they won't stand a chance. :3

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
  • I used to be able to go through on the old games and just use my Blastoise and beat the E4 within a day or so. (Thinking back I don't know how I did it...I remember the moves I would teach it...Fissure, Hydro Pump, Blizzard, & Skull Bash...They're all so inaccurate w/low PP it would bug the piss out of me today.)

Sewzie

Too sexy for my shirt.
    Years
    Well, not like I played it everyday or something.
    I was probably far too busy playing Pokemon Crystal then. Haha.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2011
    My first Pokemon game was Blue when I was in Grade 1. I honestly don't remember, since it's been 12 years, but probably a few months. Now I could easily beat the game in no more than 2 days if I wanted.

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
  • The first time I played the game it probably took me about a year, I used to like exploring the towns and cities and looking for hidden items. I could probably complete it in a week or two now though. xD

Back