• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen how many days did you take you? R/B/Y

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2012
    Well the first game I has was Yellow, and I played through it...In a 2 week on holiday I'd beaten the Elite 4 and had a level 94 Pikachu. You have to understand most of my team were in the 70's. But I'd get up, Play Pokemon. Go to the beach till 5/6. Come home, shower, play Pokemon for 3 hours or so. Go out for tea. Play Pokemon at tea. Leave. Play Pokemon in bed. Sleep. AND REPEAT xD

Years
  • I don't really remember how long it took me to beat Red for the first time, but it must have been weeks, not days. I was allowed to play 30 minutes per day back then, and while I did play some more sometimes, I still doubt beating the game was a fast process.
    Today I can beat the game in just a day if I want to, although it mostly takes me 2 or 3, even with the +speed button.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2023
    Technically this isn't RBY or GSC related, but I beat Sapphire in a little under 3 days...

Anyway, when I used to play the old games, It would take me at least months if not weeks, due to not playing the game for certain periods of time, and me exploring every nook and cranny..

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    R/B/Y

Well, it depends. If you want to fully enjoy the game and complete by receiving every item then play through it slow which usually takes me two to three weeks. Although, when I first get Pokémon games; I speed through them. Then I usually restart or something.

R/B/Y Slow: Takes about two to three weeks.

R/B/Y Fast: Takes me usually one week or less to complete the game.

Ficher

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2012
    I beat those games in almost a day, and I did not play for straight hours, I did rest from time to time. It was actually pretty fast to complete, compared to the games in this generation.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2010
    I recently did a solo run using only blastoise (and a few carefully selected TMs/HMs), and finished in less than a day not constantly playing.

ChaoticArchon

The First Generation Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2011
    Usually about 10 hours using my favorites, also catching the Birds.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2011
    I have 236 hours on my silver in process of catching them all and getting a team of lvl 100's, had a lot of car rides when i was little.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • When I was going to New York I played Pokemon Yellow non-stop. =3 I completed it on the way back home. xD So 1 day I guess.

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    My first Pokémon game was Red, and the anticipation killed me, so I managed to beat the game in a day and a half. I had some help from my neighbor who finished Pokémon Blue and Red before me. After Red, I beat Blue, which took me a little more time than Red, and Yellow, which I practically stayed playing it for months before the release of the GSC versions.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    I think it took me around 8-11 hours to beat the Elite 4? That's kinda loitering around and catching a few Pokemon/raising them. I think if I tried speed-running Red Version though, like just focusing on only getting through Indigo Plat. I could do it in maybe 6 hours?

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • To beat the E4? Probably less than a week.

To 'properly' complete the game (E4 beaten, full Pokédex etc) the first time took me months, then the save got wiped and I had to start all over again lawl. I did it again recently however and it took a few weeks.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2010
    When i first obtained blue, i literally played it 70%+ of my conscious daytime. I wasn't playing it just to finish it though, i literally talked to every single person, tried to obtain every item, grinded a lot , had a lot of link battles and trades. I'd say it took 3 weeks or so to beat the elite four.

When i playback these days it will take me a few days or so. :)

Nothing is ever as fun as the first breakthrough though.

Years
  • If I want to take my time and raise my team equally then you could count on me taking 2-3 months on it, but on some of my challenges where I've taken on Seafoam and Power Plant for grinding, and even took on Mewtwo for fun, I can have it done in about a day, or if I use VBA's speed function, then about 2-4 hours.

chuckles

"to be honest"
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2010
    i can smash out this game in about 12 game time hrs tbh

Back