• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Many Exotic Routes do you like?

Years
  • As the thread title asks, how many forests, deserts, caves, etc. do you like in a game? For me I always found them annoying but necessary for a game to have variety in landscape. What do you guys think?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I love variety as long as it's reasonable. I'm not a fan of hacks having just one route between gyms/towns repeatedly.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • One route to town honestly makes me quit the hack if it happens too often. Caves and forests not only add variaty they also add challenge, and if you dont want THAT many then add more routes. But at the same time there is such a thing as too much route all at once. imo

Cassandra

Transgender Queen
    Years
  • I love having really fun exotic routes to explore. Many of you may recall the two routes in Pokemon HGSS that connected Cianwood City and the Safari Zone. The route was this fantastic seaside cliff area with many bridges and walkways and even caves that lead to areas below the cliffsides. It was such a fun area to explore and discover, and had a great music track to go with it.

I feel that a big problem some rom hacks have is that they make routes too generic or unexciting. Don't be afraid to go a little overboard! Make your routes fun and exciting with all kinds of cool and interesting features to explore and look at! Keep the player's reactions to your areas in mind when making them. That's all I gotta say on the matter c:

Back