• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen How many hours did you put in gsc before it stop saving

Jubedube

Another Charizard fanboy
Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    WAIT A MINUTE, IT DIES?

FFFFUUUUUUUUHDUHSADJBASDMSDASASBDUKJASDJBKUH

Years
  • Weeeeell.
    My boyfriend had a good 600 total but on a game before that he'd logged about 100 and restarted, and gave his Crystal to me bc he loves me and knows it's my favorite game AND gave me his SP with it.
    I started a new game. I have about 20 hours logged so far...it's still working AMAZINGLY.
    I will cry if it restarts, or stops saving.
    I.
    Will.
    CRY.

oooh and I dropped the SP WITH the Crystal in it and on in the pond in front of my house, stood there shocked for 20 seconds then fished it out...and it still worked!
    This was about a month ago too and it's still fine.
    Only thing is when it's 1pm here it says it's 3:42am on the game and so the time is screwed up bigtime and unchangeable.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've had my Pokemon Gold for a good 8-9 years, and it's still going. I've restarted it multiple times, and the one I am currently on has around 85 hours or something. I'm actually quite surprised at the number of people that still have their G/S/C working, as anyone I know (except for my cousin) had their Gold die a LONG time ago.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • My game hasn't died yet D:.

Infact looking back my pokemon yellow still works which i;ve had since it was out.

Dirtyjerry

TJ Kitchen
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I had around 120 when I stopped playing it. It never quit out on me, though.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    I had countless hours on my Gold game, I used to battle my friends all the time (Though my team consisted of 6 dupped lvl 100 crobats xD )

I had probably 100-200 hours on it. Though, my friend who stopped playing pokemon a long time ago, I randomly looked at his games he had 400 hours on gold and silver.

My Crystal still works though :D

tim0789

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2013
    So many files, so many hours, so much disappointment...

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
  • I had close to 200 hours on my Silver before it died. I also had all three legendary dogs that I captured within an hour of one another, without using cheats. I was so proud of that moment. I cloned those suckers like it was my job.

A week later...gone. =(

My Red & Yellow still work. I never had Blue. However, my cousin left me with his Silver/Gold(doesn'twork)/Blue/Red/Crystal/Ruby games to keep for him about four years ago. Since he won't even talk to me now, I'm contemplating making them miiiiine...>_>

Years
  • On my Silver cartridge, I'd played for about 400 hours, not including restarts. I think it died in 2008, though I didn't bother to find out how to fix it 'til pretty recently.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I don't know how many hours, but I do know that I palyed pokemon g/s/c every day for about 6 years.
    Isn't that sad. =P

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2018
    Max time (Crystal version):
    700h-900h
    Somewhere in between. B the W, this is on VBA.
    xD

Years
  • Blue and Gold both got deleted, had about 100 hours combined I believe.

Yellow has 15 hours maybe, never finished it...or maybe I finished it and accidentally deleted it, can't remember.

Silver has ~ 121 hours, and is still fine, I booted it up the other day to make sure.

Haven't checked on Red yet...

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I have like 600 or something on crystal still lol. I played through blue a million times, so I probably actually have like 2000 hours, but silver is the only one that doesn't save anymore. I probably only had like 100.

TheNewRocketMovement

Nothing suits me like a suit.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    On gold I saved my game at the top of Mt. Silver at excatly 251 hours, I then left the game completely.
    It mysteriously disappeared a few weeks later, I still have hope that its somewhere in my house.

Back