• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how many hours do you spend on a game?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2011
    I'm playing pokemon yellow, and have 2 badges. I'm currently destroying trainers on the SS ANNE, and have 10.5 hours logged already! It seems like this is way too much time this early on, or does this seem right?

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
    On an average playthrough, I generally beat the Elite Four in a little over a day (24:00-25:00 on the time recorder).

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2011
    probably 50% of the time i spend in game is exploring or wandering around lol...its like im stuck in the game

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I just checked, and I've spent approximately 45 hours on Pokemon Black. If I remember correctly, I think I beat the E4 in around 35 hours. So yeah, it kind of depends. I'm too lazy to go find my GBA and compile all of the times that I've spent on each Pokemon cartridge. But I think I spend around 20 to 50 hours, just to beat the E4. And I spend some more hours after that.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I don't play anymore, but when I did, I would play for a couple hours straight.

All together tho, the highest number of hours played would be my Saphire with about 300 hundredish hours. It was my first Pokemon game :D

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I spend usually 50'ish hours, because I always Grind a lot.

creamlizard

xCreamyy
    Years
    • Age 31
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 23, 2011
    On average I trample the gyms and E4 within 12 hours. White took a little over 10, I believe. I come to life in the endgame, since the main reason I play this series is for the metagame- which evidently requires rather a lot of chain breeding and grinding. I clocked a full 999 hours on Ruby over a four year span- which is a lot of play time- and I'm into the low 200s in Blue, Gold and HG. Diamond can die in a fire, and I'm still working on White, which currently sits at a little over 40.

I need a more socially acceptable hobby.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    My current time in Black version is 72:14, and I haven't beaten the Elite Four for the second time as of yet. In other words: I like grinding. I like grinding a LOT!

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I'm playing pokemon yellow, and have 2 badges. I'm currently destroying trainers on the SS ANNE, and have 10.5 hours logged already! It seems like this is way too much time this early on, or does this seem right?

That seems about right. Its because the first gym leader is rock/ ground types and Pikachu (and just about every other Pokemon you find before the 1st gym) will not be very effective again it. Of course the second gym is much easier since its a water type gym! :)

For me, to complete the whole game it usually takes me 30-50 hours, depending on the game.

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    let's see. on my emerald i just hit 60:00, in pokemon xd gale of darkness i have about 120:00, in diamond i have 80:00, and in white i have 70:00. so i've played pokemon a little over 300 hours of my life.

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    I have close to 300 hours on heartgold. On just play throughs I usually spend maybe between 20-50 hours per play though depending on the game.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I average 30 hours on a Pokemon game, probably because I tend to just follow the game instead of having to spend so much time on training my Pokemon.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I have three hundred hours on Pokemon Blue and Silver - think I had around 150 on Ruby and 100 on Diamond. Have no idea how I wasted it so much time playing the games but I have no regrets.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
    In SoulSilver..I beat the E4 in twenty hours or so, and for the whole game, my logged time is about 43 hours, with me buffing up and picking out a team to beat up Red. Ill probably spend a LOT more time playing, getting my team up to Lv.100, getting my favorite Pokes the medals for each Pokeathlon event, beating Battle Tower, etc etc...And finishing the Nat Dex. Most Poke games though I beat and then reset, start out with a whole new team and different starter. White I rest about 5 times...*shrugs*. Though now I have HeartGold so not resetting my SS XD. For my Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald games I never reset though, I just pretty much got my team to Lv. 80 then beat up the E4 a hella lot of times, then just roamed..

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    It took me 200+ hours to just beat SoulSilver. There were times when I just left the game on for hours and hours, so that's probably why the number is so high.

However, it does take me a very long time to complete the storyline. I grind my Pokemons a lot. I also spend extra times on EV training. Then, I have to make sure that my party doesn't get destroyed by the Pokemon League Champion. So, overall, it'd probably take me... 50 to 100 hours.

Back