• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How many hours have you spent playing?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I got it 3 days ago and I am 11 hours into the game, just gotten the 2nd badge with most of my team in the high 30s.

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
Years
I have a little over 160 hours. No shinies encounterded yet :/ my wife has put a little over 20 and right at 8 hours she encountered a shiny psyduck, and asked me why it was blue xD

Question: what happens after 999 hours? Is it bad for the game to have that many saved hours??

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I got pokmon X a few days after it came out. I am at about 160 to 170 hours. Have found about 6 to 10 shinies in this game so far. Found the first 2 in the first 60 hours. One in which was at the very end of Victory Road.

Elements1

Meh
Years
Have about 330 hours on it, got it around Christmas time. The story only took 50 hours or so, the rest I have been battling, trading and breeding :)

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I got it one day before its official release (thank Amazon) and ive spent 80 hours playing it. I havent touched it in a long time though, since there is very little post-game content and im not that big into breeding/battling whatsoever :(

Rabby

The Samurott Awaits...
Years
I got it about the time when X was released and I never left it n.n
Haha, I guess.....around 200~300 hours o.o? I dunno, I lots track xD, but I played throughout the entire term :P

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I have it at 680 hours. I got it day one, and have been playing it so much, more ten anything else game wise.

Years
According to my trainer card, I got the Pokemon Y/started my adventure February 2 and have devoted 337:59 hours of my life to the game up to this point in time. I think that's a problem.

Years
863 hours! And that's not counting all the collective hours I spent hatching eggs and then levelling them up with rare candies to check their IVs before I reset to get the candies back.

Interesting. May I ask why you use rare candies to identify the IVs that your Pokemon have? I ask because there is a man dressed in a purple suit with purple hair located in Pokemon Center in Kiloude City who will tell you the best IVs that your Pokemon have. I feel that this is a much better method than using rare candies, but maybe you feel differently? Or did you just not know about the man in Kiloude City?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Interesting. May I ask why you use rare candies to identify the IVs that your Pokemon have? I ask because there is a man dressed in a purple suit with purple hair located in Pokemon Center in Kiloude City who will tell you the best IVs that your Pokemon have. I feel that this is a much better method than using rare candies, but maybe you feel differently? Or did you just not know about the man in Kiloude City?

He does it for the exact IV numbers. Hidden Power types require somewhat specific IV numbers, and the guy in Kiloude City doesn't give you exact numbers.

Years
My main file on X has 235 hours so far. I remember having a few other files with roughly 49 (Wedlocke, terminated), 35 (Poison Monotype, including after-game), 25 (regular playthrough) and 30 hours (Ground Monotype).

Haven't really played them seriously in a little bit, though.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Question: what happens after 999 hours? Is it bad for the game to have that many saved hours??
Nothing happens, the timer just wont change anymore, it will display 999:59 hours for the rest of the game.
I have not experience anything bad with my games.

tfender7

Got Pokemon Y on the release date and my play time is somewhere between 108:00 and 117:00.

AZ Jr

There is a fine line between fishing and just stan
Years
  • Age 23
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 9, 2014
Jeez, I thought my 200 hours was bad. 200 hours IS bad, It just sounds better when you weigh it up against 999:59 hours. Wow, you guys have some real dedication. *high five*

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 27, 2022
243 hours.

Rather low compared to most games I've been 'addicted' to, but still quite a bit higher than all of my other 3DS games. Actually, it's higher than all of my other 3DS and DS games put together (according to my 3DS's activity log).

Years
290 or so and no regrets. Slowed down a lot a few months back, though, but once I get into the groove of breeding I'll be a lot more active again. Hoping to hit 300 soon~

Years
About 115 hours in, which I thought was a lot but after reading this thread its not apparently. Most of it was spent trying to complete the Pokedex, but I haven't really played it in a while. I'm playing a lot of other games at the moment and their distracting me. :/

Back