• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many languages do you speak?

How many Languages do you speak?

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • 1 and little bit...

Votes: 9 22.0%

Votes: 6 14.6%

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • 4 or more

Votes: 8 19.5%

• Total voters

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Fluently - English
    I'd live if dropped in the language's country and forced to speak it - French (XD)
    Learning - Japanese

Yeah, I speak French sorta... half-fluenty. x_x I hate the language now since it just got really hard in school. My Japanese lessons start up again next Saturday. ^^; I also wanna learn... a LOT of languages. o.o;; I just don't have the time. ;_;

espeon and umbreon

絶対に勝つ!!
    Years
    It's good that you can speak other languages because you can make other friend in other countries. My original language is Japanese so I have quite a good friend over there... I started learning English 2 or 3 years ago and I have lots of friends in here too.

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
    Wow! your english is very good! ^_^ I learned fluent Hebrew within the first year I moved there. Its usually easier to learn a new language if you know 2 fluentely. XD

Pounce

renai kakumei
    Years
    Splat said:
    English, obviously, and I am a moderate Spanish speaker. I hate it when people in the southwest here who don't already know Spanish take classes like French and German. Unless you move to one of those countries it probably isn't going to be useful in real life...here Spanish is extremely useful. French and German are not. End.

And people shouldn't say they know Japanese if they only know like four phrases, or any language for that matter. I don't know what most people's obsession is with wanting to learn Japanese so badly.
    I found that really closed-minded and arrogant~... who says people take language classes because they want to be able to use them in their area? a lot of people choose to take French over Spanish simply out of interest. you can think learning Spanish will be more useful, sure, but that doesn't mean those who choose to take German or French are wasting their time and energy learning something they're actually interested in.

also, I don't know who the bit about Japanese was directed at, but in my defense, I know a fair amount. o_o I translate song lyrics in my spare time, and can say a lot more than four phrases. I can understand probably the majority of what I hear watching anime and listening to music, actually.. you can be elitist and think that people only learn it because "OMG ANIME IS SO COOL, KAWAII" etc. etc... but some people take a genuine interest in the language, and know a good deal of it at that.

I'm in Spanish IV and French III btw. (I feel like I've said that a billion times on these boards for some reason, but the topic just keeps coming up...)

espeon and umbreon

絶対に勝つ!!
    Years
    Originally Posted By eliana
    Wow! your english is very good! ^_^ I learned fluent Hebrew within the first year I moved there. Its usually easier to learn a new language if you know 2 fluentely. XD

Well my english is not bad but not good either. My spelling is ok and my writing is pretty neat. Only problem is my grammar. I sometimes forget about past tence. My reading is pretty good to though not perfect. Most of all I forget the since there's no such thing as the in Japanese.

f!Re

Shige's #1 fan
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2006
    i speak english & chinese... and a lil bit of japanese XD

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2006
    For me I know 4 languages fluently and 2 that I've been learning for around 3 years and still don't know how to say the numbers. XD
    The 4 that I'm fluent in is English, Vietanmese, Mandarin and Cantonese. The last 2 are Chinese but hey, they're different. XD

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 19, 2005
    I speak Englesh, my dad's trying to get me to learn Hebrew (he's Jewish) I know a lot, but I have long ways to go, I'm also learning french.

Back