• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How many legit shinies have you ran into in D/P?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScyKinG

Can't Be Touched
Years
  • I ran into 1 shiny pokemon in D/P, and for your guys info I been playing since Red and Blue and it was the 1st shiny I ever ran into. But i found 1, a shiny geodude. What happens is I use Sleep Powder, to try to put it to sleep. Sleep Powder misses ( dang hax ). Then Geodude decides to Self destruct :(

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
    Years
  • wow that stinks, well my friend caught a golem and it turned out to be a shiny. and i just traded for a raquaza today. and those were the two shinies i ever saw since that shiny golbat in leaf green that i accidently overkilled cause i wasnt prepared to capture it.
    so me myself in pearl, ive ran into squat

o.necromancer.o

(Insert Something Random)
    Years
    • Age 31
    • ?
    • Seen Sep 29, 2008
    I ran into a shiny marill in the safari zone and it fled. First legit shiny I've ever seen and I've been playing since red and blue.

Embrace...

Quick to the MangaMobile!
    Years
  • Just one. I started a new game without deleting the previous data for a laugh, and when I chose my starter, and called it out... well lets say I don't like to talk about it often

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • I've caught 2 shinies in D/P through random encounter, Bidoof and Gyarados. And I've caught 23 through chaining.

Pokeradar is definately the best method if you want to search for shinies.

Patchy

-
    Years
  • Bidoof, Bidoof (yes, two), starly, shinx, weepinbell x5, geodude x2, machop x2, pichu x2, eevee, bronzor, krabby x3, Buizel. I think there's more but that's all I can think of.

So that's a grand total of... 21! :D

The first Bidoof was completely random, the second was starting a chain, as was the Shinx. Buizel was caught on Christmas at a chain of 9. The next day, I got Starly on a chain of 5. A few hours later, up pops Machop at 8. Guess I'm just lucky. =P

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    i not encountered a single shiny randomly yet :( but i have chained a few....i think its the best and quickest way to get hold of shinies.
    but i also trade for shinies so i can get hold of many more

Kirioroshi

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    wow that stinks, well my friend caught a golem and it turned out to be a shiny. and i just traded for a raquaza today. and those were the two shinies i ever saw since that shiny golbat in leaf green that i accidently overkilled cause i wasnt prepared to capture it.
    so me myself in pearl, ive ran into squat

O.o you can catch golems?

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I can't pull off chaining shiny Pokemon via PokeRadar. I have, however, ran into 3 random shinies on Pearl Version: Gastly, Machoke, & Graveler. I caught the Gastly and Machoke, but the Graveler exploded before I could catch it. On Diamond, I soft resetted for a shiny Cranidos.

Years
  • Merely one. On my first excursion into the Safari Zone, I bumped into a female shiny Wooper. I was scared to death because I'm usually not very lucky when catching pokemon, and I'm particularly terrible while in the Safari Zone.

Surprisingly, I've never seen any on Sapphire, though I have over 500 hours into the game. On Emerald I have one also, a shiny Torchic. ^_^

the_gurpster

legendary pokemon trainer
    Years
  • this whole week i got so lucky i got a gyrodos and sharpedo. i was so surprised that i just put the game down and thought to my self O.o o.O WOW im lucky :P

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • Just one. I started a new game without deleting the previous data for a laugh, and when I chose my starter, and called it out... well lets say I don't like to talk about it often

This is actually why I'll never start a new game, without ever being able to save... ^^;;

But as for me, I've come across quite a few legitimate Shiny Pokemon.

The first was a Shiny Shinx, which I ended up losing, because of my impatience, and wanting to start my file anew. Next was a Shiny Mr. Mime, which I promptly got rid of, because those thinks are really freaky... x_x;; After that, I got a Shiny Gastrodon, which I just barely got rid of... >O Then I've also had a Shiny Cranidos, two Shiny Geodudes (one of which I still have) a Shiny Gyarados, Ditto and Growlithe.

The latter two and the Cranidos, I no longer own.

Oh; I also chained three Shiny Murkrow, at one point. I was pretty surprised I was able to actually get chaining up to 43... XD

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    The first shiny pokemon i ran into was a starly, the bad thing about it is that it was right after i started playin i had just chosen my starter and was on the way to the professors lab and in that patch of gras before sandgem town the shiny starly came up, but i didnt have any pokeballs yet because the game just started. i was kinda upset but all in all ive seen 3 shinys includin the starly, the other two were in the safari zone, the first one was a magikarp and the second one a wooper i was able to catch both of them...

jcs575

The master of all!
    Years
  • I have in countered no shiny pokemon in the wild, but i trade for mine... the closest thing I've seen to a wild shiny is the S. garados in pokemon crystal:(

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    I ran into 1 shiny pokemon in D/P, and for your guys info I been playing since Red and Blue and it was the 1st shiny I ever ran into. But i found 1, a shiny geodude. What happens is I use Sleep Powder, to try to put it to sleep. Sleep Powder misses ( dang hax ). Then Geodude decides to Self destruct :(

Actually, I had the opposite experience as you ^^.

I ran into my first shiny since I started playing (also Red/Blue), and it happened to be a Shiny Geodude. I swear I was extremely happy... I didn't think it would ever happen ^^!!! But yeah, I caught it and it's safely in my box waiting to be transfered over to My Pokemon Ranch.

Gamewhale

lol --
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    Let's see... About 3, I think. (Not including 'Radar ones) They were Bidoof, Meditite and Buizel.

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
  • I've run into 5 shinies randomly: Graveler, Graveler (first one blew up, second one I caught), Sneasel, Golbat, and Roselia (just got it a day or two ago).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back