• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Many More Years Will Pokemon be Around?

dyenguard

Burst of Flame!
    Years
    i dont think pokemon is going to stop anytime soon. Even if they do run out of ideas, they could make all kinds of fill in games, like a pokemon racing game, a mystery dungeon game, ect to buy time to think of new pokemon

-Scourge-

Come Together
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I think Pokemon will last a long time.
    Like 15 years or so, or forever.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    Pokemon will be around forever and always in life. EVER.

Seriously though, the pokemon franchise makes millions, probably at least 10 more generations. Sad to say I probably will still be playing Pokemon in 10 years....unless Nintendo does makes a big mistake with Pokemon, like mijumaru!

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2011
    I think Pokemon will last a long time aslong the economy gets sorted Nintendo can make billions of pokemon in the future and i think the anime will also carry on until Ash Ketchum becomes a pokemon master.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Idk I get a strange feeling Generation Six will be the last and just a repeat of the past games all in one, since it's too soon to remake DPPt (even by the time the Sixth Generation arrives), so that means it's either the end or the first game since Generation Two that consisted of only three main series games.

...if not, then 10 years? :D

Years
    It's hard to imagine Pokémon going to be having up to 1000+ different types of Pokémon.. Of course there are spin-offs as well and technology is always advancing thus letting the company make advanced and better games than the old ones. I'm just not sure if anything actually new will come to the franchise other than the games.
    They should make some Pokémon vs Digimon game like how LEVEL 5/Professor Layton Vs. CAPCOM/Phoenix Wright is coming out. awesome crossover.
    How Many More Years Will Pokemon be Around?

Krizor

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    I think the Pokemon franchise still has a good amount of life left in it.

I not going to speculate on how many years I think it will last, but if franchises like The Simpsons, DBZ, and Super Mario are still going strong years after their peak of popularity, I don't see why Pokemon couldn't do the same.

Back