• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen How many of you caught Mew legit?

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
  • I restarted my Blue game just to get a mew when I heard about it :) (I had 150 pokemon in the dex and fought every trainer).

Deerling

Season PoKéMoN
    Years
  • I caught him on Yellow & Blue then stole my fiances Mew for my PoKeMoN Crystal.

Liquid Twilight

Super Geek
    Years
  • I actually have. Only once. When I first read about the glitch I followed it exactly in my Pokemon Red and caught it.

It was a bit anticlimatic when I caught it because I had a Gameshark by that time anyway ... I was just really testing the glitch. Still cool though.

Years
  • Yup^^

I caught a shiny MEW in yellow and traded it to crystal!

If you don't believe me, this is how I did it:
    Spoiler:

Skiatra

Noobin', LIKE A BOSS
    Years
  • In every pokemon game, I always catch all the available legends, then transfer my fav's to the newest pokemon game in case i want them, too much work doing them all.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • I caught a shiny MEW in yellow and traded it to crystal!

If you don't believe me, this is how I did it:
    Spoiler:

I thought Mew turns into a Ditto when it is caught while being transformed.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I always did that. Organic Mew is always better than sharked Mew.

And don't forget to Missingo. duplicate hp up, carbos, calciumm, etc. and pump Mew up right at Level 7.

Simipour

Geyser Pokemon
    Years
  • Oh my I remember doing that! I didn't think it would work, and then when Mew popped up I almost jumped out of my seat! Traded it to Silver, then lost it forever due to the clock error.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2011
    Ever since I first heard about it years ago, it's been a staple of every team I've trained up. Right now, I have one called Tricky Bob. So called because I finally got the sneaky beggar with my last pokéball.

Also discovered the earliest one can encounter Missingno through trainer battles - it's Misty's Starmie! :)

MotherPunker970

Volcano Bakemeat FTW!
    Years
  • beleive me or not,i caught mew when i was a kid totaly by accident!i really did,i was about to fight that stupid trainer in cerulean city,and i was like,oh my god i dont wanna fight anyone!leave me alone!and i just started mashing buttons untill the menu popped out and i was like wtf?sweet im getting out of here,and the res you know how it went.the moment ill never forget is when i saw it-i literaly SCREAMED as loud as i could!too bad i had nobody to brag to cuz none of my friends were playing pokemon at the time...or ever...they suck :D

The Shiny Ho-Oh

Golden Bird
    Years
  • I did. I almost didn't believe it when I first read it. Anyways. On my newest save, I caught 2. One using the first trainer in Misty's gym, and then the Slowpoke trainer near Bill's.

Super Red

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2011
    I never got it with the glitch. My uncle got it at a mall event before he gave me Red. I never knew about the glitch until a couple years ago when I found it on Youtube.

Back