• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How many of you...

rom or import?

• Total voters

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Not the right section but I do both. Im currently Giving pokemon from Pearl Move Tutor moves from Platinum that My cousin imported. I want to use them soon.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I don't believe in playing ROMs that I don't have a physical copy of, so I have to say that I imported it. In fact, I was getting a little scared because it was around the ninth of September and I still hadn't preordered. The site I bought my Platinum from originally stated that all of their first shipment had all ready been preordered, and that bummed me out, however; some orders fell through and I was right there to put in a credit card number. xD

I enjoy playing my games on a cartridge a lot more than ROMs just for the sake of saying I own it anyway. The colors on an emulator are often dimmer than on the real system and there are still quite a few little bugs in it. I'll take my cartridge over a ROM any day, thank you.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • I've tried playing the rom, but I always get the white screen after the title screen. I'm still waiting on my import copy, so I guess I could say both an a few weeks time.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I ordered a copy of Platinum on Play-Asia, and it should be here sometime this week or the next.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Well, considering that ROMs are illegal, I'm going to have to say import, although I'll be doing neither with Platinum.

Ezzo!

conejo.
    Years
  • Well, considering that ROMs are illegal, I'm going to have to say import, although I'll be doing neither with Platinum.
    Roms are illegal? I didnt know that. i learned something new today, lol. I didnt do either im waiting till the english version comes out so i can actually read it.

alananimated

mudkip4eva!
    Years
  • i want it sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad XDDD i just cant wait im not importing cause what if you buy it on ebay and your money gets lost in the mail O_o. ill justwait for it to come out in the USA. i think it might have a dif name in tha us.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    i want it sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad XDDD i just cant wait im not importing cause what if you buy it on ebay and your money gets lost in the mail O_o. ill justwait for it to come out in the USA. i think it might have a dif name in tha us.

Play-Asia's a safe place to get it. That's where I ordered mine >.>;

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Wow an import of course. And how did you not know roms are illegal? I mean its a free way of getting a game that should be payed for cause the hard workers of gamefreak that made this piece of art have to get a paycheck somehow no? Anyweh im an importer but hell ill get the english one as well(cause all my jap games cant connect to internet and i usually just play it to know how fast i can go through a game in english after words. A self challenge really.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2008
    i have to wait till it comes out in england cus usaully the AR cheats for english pokemon games are btter than USA and my pearl is USA.
    darn it

Back