• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how many people like cosplay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2010
    how many people like cosplay? including game and cartoon cosplay.

kyunyo

-nomnomnomnom-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2010
    I think cosplay's really awesome. o-o It takes hard word and a lot of time and patience to pull it together and look good. xP I'd cosplay if I wasn't poor and if I had to chance too. 8'D -never went to a con before-

I like cosplay, it brings characters to life~ <3 (and it makes you think they can do a live drama with those people. xD)

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Yes I dress up when I go to various fairy events.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I don't see the appeal of doing it, but when I see people dressed up as my favourite characters, I genuinely laugh out loud and applaud them.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    I'm a (newbie) cosplayer~ I've cosplayed as Roxas, L from Death Note and a few Persona characters. =w= It's very fun, and definitely a lot cheaper if you make things yourself (eg. my Keyblade cost £30 to make whereas they sell for £100 on eBay, and my Matt cosplay has only cost £20 so far, in comparison to sites who want over £100 for a costume).

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Not something i can say i've ever had the urge to do. Fun to see the pics though.

:L

Black Prince

±♠ サヨナラ ♠±
    Years
    Cosplay is just a way to be closer and closer to the characters (and their world) we love.
    It's not a bad thing, it's even a good idea.
    I like Cosplay, I myself have some clothes, but I don't look for the resemblance with a character in particular. Being dressed in the same clothes as my favourites characters is already enough for me. I imagine myself into their world, dressed in the same way as them.
    Uh, Cosplay is funny, but when people do it to make fun of the character, it's not anymore.​

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
    I've always been kind of interested in it, but I have never had the chance to do it. Also, because I am a little fat, it would be a little awkward for me to cosplay as some of my favorite characters. Fat people should not cosplay as Rock Lee. End of story.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    I have cosplay'd every year for Halloween, until my parents gave me the "You can't go out you're too old" even though that's ridiculous and lots of my friends do.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    I like cosplays, I wanted to get a cosplay suit of Haruhi Suzumiya's bunny outfit.. but I don't think I'm allowed one :<

I think the Pokemon cosplay is cute though :3

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Its stupid. Who would want to embarrass themselves dressing up when its not Halloween.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I'm not a fan for various reasons, but I understand it's important to a lot of people. I guess I prefer my characters the way they were originally.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    i've seen some pictures of cosplayers and i adore the ones who actually make the character real rather than make themselves look like a cartoon. there's a bit of technique involved for those who see it as an art, and it's fascinating to observe those who have a knack for personalizing their characters and manipulating articles of clothing in a way that's aesthetically appealing and resembling their character very closely and in a realistic way. the closest i've been to cosplaying is theming my wardrobe as a character from a movie, and that's pretty fun to do. i'd like to try real cosplaying someday, particularly for the artistic elements.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't like how I have to lock this thread for thread revival, seeing how there's been quite a lot of discussion that came from thread revival, but I guess I have to follow the rules. :[

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back