• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many Pokemon should there be?

How many Pokemon should there be in the games?

• Total voters

Steelix8

The Undertaker
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2014
    STOP IT WITH THE BIDOOFS, SOMEONE KILL EVERY LAST ONE ALREADY, IT'S MAKING ME SICK, BIDOOFS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big letter spam: because you have to annoyinly shove bold words in our face because you crave the attention. Seriously bro, quit it. It's not funny, and it appears that you are yelling at everyone. It doesn't make you cool. It's obnoxious. :tired:

Anyways...I personally loved everything up to the 3rd generation. It was a great update I think. DP was...meh...I liked the updated graphics, and it was defenitely nice to bring pokemon to the next gen of portable systems, but they could have just given me a new continent with the same pokemon from the 1st to 3rd gens and I would have been just as happy, if not happier.

I only liked one pokemon from the 4th generation (Spiritomb) and even he fails in comparison to some of the so-so guys from the previous generations, in my opinion. I also didn't like how they basically copied the whole "Bad guys using Legendary to conquer the world" story-line from RS. It was good for them, but copying it in DP was very bland and lacked creativity.

Unfortunately we can't turn back time, so the abominations that are the Sinnoh poke's are here to stay, but I think they should just quit while they are ahead. My recomendation would be to remake R/S, then do an MMO for the Wii. If they did the MMO, they could perhaps do monthly or bimonthly updates featuring a moderate number of new pokes. Like maybe one poke with three evolutionary stages every month or so.

But if we keep getting floods of 100+ crappy pokemon featured in games that are only slightly altered versions of the previous generation, then it's going to get old, very fast.

Oh The Places You'll Go.

Whatever will be, will be.
    Years
    Let me guess, there is like 10 to 101 million animal species in the world.
    How about the pokemon world?

I don't like the idea of so many pokemon being made,
    but i can care less.

VictorP1

Dialga Tamer
    Years
    Woah, man what'd they (Bidoofs) ever do to you?
    Well, let's see, they're obnoxious, to common, bad design, an HM slave, and pretty much whatever you consider a bad Pokemon to be. Ditto for Bibarel. As long as we stay away from these, um, I shouldn't say it on this site, then LONG LIVE POKEMON

OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!

Yaziyo

Everyone's favourite Arab
    Years
    I would much prefer to see the old ones recreated with stats that allow them to compete with the modern generation. I mean guys like Polywrath, Golduck etc that were awesome until you found out about game mechanics :(

Original 151 were cool, next 100 were a bit dodgy but we tolerated them, the next 135 were uninspired and nothing like the pokemon we remember and the final 107 were ****.
    I'm sorry but:
    Spoiler:

Really?

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2011
    The hell?

Probopass is cool. You've neve seen a Moai statue before? (Speaking of Moai, that Moai Doowop minigame in Rhythm Heaven is annoying. Took me forever to get a superb on it.)

There should be negative 50 Pokemon, obviously.

...seriously, now, I don't think you can top Arceus. The series has a good fanbase, and even if Nintendo doesn't make new Pokes, the fans will. I don't think that Gen. V will come for at least 5 more years.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    STOP IT WITH THE BIDOOFS, SOMEONE KILL EVERY LAST ONE ALREADY, IT'S MAKING ME SICK, BIDOOFS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your post can anger some bidoof fans! XD

I think that they should stop whenever they feel that they can't be creative anymore.
    They can just create more and more games having the same pokemon. I actually want to play the pokemon series for years to come..

Anyways...I personally loved everything up to the 3rd generation. It was a great update I think. DP was...meh...I liked the updated graphics, and it was defenitely nice to bring pokemon to the next gen of portable systems, but they could have just given me a new continent with the same pokemon from the 1st to 3rd gens and I would have been just as happy, if not happier.

I only liked one pokemon from the 4th generation (Spiritomb) and even he fails in comparison to some of the so-so guys from the previous generations, in my opinion. I also didn't like how they basically copied the whole "Bad guys using Legendary to conquer the world" story-line from RS. It was good for them, but copying it in DP was very bland and lacked creativity.

Unfortunately we can't turn back time, so the abominations that are the Sinnoh poke's are here to stay, but I think they should just quit while they are ahead. My recomendation would be to remake R/S, then do an MMO for the Wii. If they did the MMO, they could perhaps do monthly or bimonthly updates featuring a moderate number of new pokes. Like maybe one poke with three evolutionary stages every month or so.

But if we keep getting floods of 100+ crappy pokemon featured in games that are only slightly altered versions of the previous generation, then it's going to get old, very fast.

Actually it all depends on what an individual thinks. Many of us love some pokemon from sinnoh. I really like sinnoh pokemon actually. If its seen on the whole, there has not been one Gen which didn't have its share of good pokemon.

First Gen: Nearly all were good.
    Second Gen: They were creative with the design and there were many great pokemon.(Scizor, Lugia, Umbreon, Espeon)
    Third Gen: It took the pokemon games to a highly competitive level and thus most of the pokemon may have lacked creativity but were still good.
    Fourth Gen: It gave us many good pokemon. Example: Garchomp, Infernape, Roserade.

Others may have different views on which pokemon were good and which were bad but I think that all the GENs had their share of good and bad pokemon.

And I think that many of us PC members liked D/P/Pt more than R/S/E.

And as I have already written, I think that they should stop at the point that crappiness in the pokemon reach the limit.

So, I agree with you for some of your points and dissagree at the same time.

Last edited:

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Judging by the lack of quality control in the last generation, I think they should STOP. The amount of cool pokemon in each new game is always horribly lower than the previous game's. Arceus sucks so bad..... Maybe it's just an age old bias, but what happened to cool concepts such as mew?

VictorP1

Dialga Tamer
    Years
    Your post can anger some bidoof fans! XD
    It makes no sense for bidoof to have fans when you get right down to it.

BIDOOF FAN CLUB- POPULATION: 3

LMAO
    I think that they should stop whenever they feel that they can't be creative anymore.
    They can just create more and more games having the same pokemon. I actually want to play the pokemon series for years to come..

I say, if they can't be creative, they need to ask their fans to draw a Pokemon they would like to see, and the type and all the ither stuff.

And I think that many of us PC members liked D/P/Pt more than R/S/E.

And as I have already written, I think that they should stop at the point that crappiness in the pokemon reach the limit.

So, I agree with you for some of your points and dissagree at the same time.

I like G/S/C better than D/P/Pt better than R/S/E, better than FR/LG better than Y/B/R

Judging by the lack of quality control in the last generation, I think they should STOP. The amount of cool pokemon in each new game is always horribly lower than the previous game's. Arceus sucks so bad..... Maybe it's just an age old bias, but what happened to cool concepts such as mew?

Are you saying you want Pokemon to rip off Mew, just like the other Pokemon? WTF!

I think Pokemon needs to ask the fans what they want and to draw out the Pokemon they want.

Arceus might have been one of Pokemon's most epic failure, I mean, a god Pokemon, WTF. Look at how it walks, It practicly dances on tiptoes with hi-heels on to move!

Mostly true, but D/P/Pt had more cool Pokemon than R/S/E (Dialga, Girantina, the list goes on...), but also more sucky Pokemon (Palkia, Bidoof, Arceus, Feebass, Another set of stupid magikarps like every game, Swinub, Pilowswine, Bibarel, Lake Pokemon, the list goes on...)

Years
    umm.... ithink they should quit making pokemon like now. i mean 493? really? but then again, i want to see waht a dragon eeveelution would look like.
    okay, keep it under 520. that's all i ask.

VictorP1

Dialga Tamer
    Years
    As much as I love Johto, I wish that Ash died in the first movie.
    Then they probably wouldn't have gone onto the other Pokemon.

^^^^Ummm, Can someone clarify if this comment is really worth being posted above me?^^^^

umm.... ithink they should quit making pokemon like now. i mean 493? really? but then again, i want to see waht a dragon eeveelution would look like.
    Seriously, we need a dragon eevee, steel eevee, and combo types like a Dragon/Steel Eevee to be Dialga's buddy, he needs a buddy!!!

nbvkd

Silver
    Years
    How many?

I say one more region. Why? Because pokemon that never evolve are legendaries. And who wants Farfetch'd to become a legendary? I thought so. The new region will consist of ONLY new evolutions. The starters will be the original 3. After this, they should have contests to see whos fan-made game will become a real one. That way it will be something fresh and cool. Not a stupid Bidoof. Then they can make remakes to trade with those games. That's what they should do.

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    over 1000
    it doesn't matter to me how many pokemon they make, I just hope they make more games with only kanto and jhoto pokemon

VictorP1

Dialga Tamer
    Years
    Under 520. wow. I don't know what to say. I like the Eevee part, but under 520? I say

OVER 9000!!!!!!

But about the Eevees, I had an idea, make an Eevee for every legendary:

Ex:
    Pokemon: Dialga Eevee
    Type: Dragon/Steel
    Pokedex: Dialga's alongside partner. Always with Dialga being loyal, like Growlithe to Officer Jenny.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023

At least bidoof has the attitude that some pokemon lack *cough* rattata *cough*
    I think mocking you will be my new hobby, I just don't see how this isn't fun :3
    But they should have it at a good number. 1,000 seems like a good place to stop. Contrary to other peoples beliefs, I actually liked the D/P/P pokemon more than the previous ones. Electivire, Palkia, Giratina, Toxicroak, Torterra, Empoleon, Bidoof, Roserade, Honchkrow, Spiritomb, Garchomp, Lucario, Drapion, Darkrai, Arceus, and the almighty cherrim are pretty cool pokemon to name a few.

Arceus might have been one of Pokemon's most epic failure, I mean, a god Pokemon, WTF. Look at how it walks, It practicly dances on tiptoes with hi-heels on to move!

Oh emm gee, I really don't get your logic. I'm pretty sure that I have said why Arceus probably isn't a god pokemon in another thread. And even if it was, WOW, it walks on "high heels." It can still sweep your team, especially when you are unprepared for that destructive animal. And your spelling is "epic failure."

Last edited:
    Back