• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Many Pokemon would you carry around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I would carry around six, but like Lightning said, any more would kind of be a hassle to deal with. I personally don't like having to switch my Pokemon from my team to the PC on the games, so just having six would be a good enough number, as long as you trained each Pokemon well.

I don't really know what my team would be like exactly, but I would have to have a Pichu that would evolve into a Pikachu, and a Chikorita! O_o And they would both stay out of their Pokeballs and walk around with me!

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
  • I would carry around as many Pokemon as physically possible!! I'm totally dedicated to my Pokemon, so in my world, the more the merrier!

My team? I guess it would consist of Pokemon I find cute.... I'm a sucker for a cute face!

Da_Green_Teddy

Emerald Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 11, 2004
    I'd carry five, with a little Teddiursa following me around without being in its ball :D
    -Hypno
    -Alakazam
    -Girafarig
    -Espeon
    -Nidoking

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • I don't want any Pokemon following me around, thats a sign of disownment right there (except for Rapidash, Arcanine, or Ninetales, because they deserve it!) Six Pokemon is just a total waste of time, even if I had a team that needed 6, I wouldn't carry six... come on now -_-

Sean Fury

It's tricky
    Years
  • Dizzy said:
    I don't want any Pokemon following me around, thats a sign of disownment right there
    Not when a person feels they would rather have their Pokemon out and about, rather than locked up inside a little ball.

Dizzy said:
    Six Pokemon is just a total waste of time, even if I had a team that needed 6, I wouldn't carry six... come on now -_-
    Six Pokemon isn't a waste of time, it's just the average amount trainer's carry. Especially since carrying around six, you would have less likely of a chance to run into disadvantages against opponents. Or what would you do if you suddenly got attacked by a bunch of Rocket/Magma/Aqua members? You would be screwed.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Sean Fury said:
    Not when a person feels they would rather have their Pokemon out and about, rather than locked up inside a little ball.

Six Pokemon isn't a waste of time, it's just the average amount trainer's carry. Especially since carrying around six, you would have less likely of a chance to run into disadvantages against opponents. Or what would you do if you suddenly got attacked by a bunch of Rocket/Magma/Aqua members? You would be screwed.

Like Erica the Gym Leader, she shows her Pok?mon respect by letting them out at certain times, If you train with your Pokemon, thats okay, but don't let them roam around with you..

Four is my limit, and when carry four Pokemon, I usually have them perform Double Duty attacks (Ninetales, doesnt just count for fire, and Seadra doesn't just count for water)

Another this, I'd only carry around appealing Pokemon, not powerful Pokemon. If I needed an Electric Type, but the only avalibility was Magnemite or Voltorb (ridiculously hideous) I'd just go without an electric type... I'd never use anything ugly I'd just substitute it.

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
  • I find that allowing your Pokemon to roam with you is a sign of bonding. How well can one possibly bond with a tiny ball?

Oh, and the one with stronget bonds nearly always wins the match.

LelandLancaster

Sexy Cupcake
    Years
  • Hm, I think that I would carry around six in Pokeballs:
    Metagross
    Skarmory
    Plusle
    Medicham
    Sableye
    Kyogre

If I also had one to stay out of a Pokeball it would probably be a Clefairy or an Aron. Both of them are CUTE! :D

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    o.o Here's the Pokemon I would love to havei n my team. And I'd carry around seven. And not six if I could. =P

- Blaziken
    - Sceptile
    - Charizard
    - Tentacruel
    - Electrode
    - Gyarados
    - Pidgeot

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • The Only way I would carry more than four, is:

If I was a Gym Leader, but I wouldn't mix Pokemon like Magnemite and Magmar. If I was a Gym Leader it would be Poison Types ONLY (Nidorina, Nidorino, Venomoth, Arbok, Nidoqueen)

If I was in some sort of Team, but once again, I would only carry around Certain types..

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
  • I would carry Marshtomp, Swellow, Pichu and Corphish. I can beet you XD; j/k But Yeah, four, five is being used to much and my belts not that big =p

?H?ϧ

Lugia Ownz!
    Years
  • I would carry around six Pokemon.

Tyraniatar
    1. Earthquake
    2. Crunch
    3. Rock Slide
    4. Strength

Groudon
    1. Solar Beam
    2. Fissure
    3. Fire Blast
    4. Eruption

Lugia
    1. Fly
    2. Hydro Pump
    3. Aeroblast
    4. Ancient Power

Ho-Oh
    1. Fly
    2. Fire Blast
    3. Sacred Fire
    4. Ancient Power

Suicune
    1. Surf
    2. Hydro Pump
    3. Dive
    4. Ice Beam

Celebi
    1. Solar Beam
    2. Psychic
    3. Cut
    4. Razor Leaf

Shana

bigmouth strikes again.
    Years
  • I would carry 6.

-Dewgong
    -Raichu
    -Swampert
    -Kingdra
    -Rapidash
    -Vileplume

I would love that team if I could have it in real life.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • PichuSecretBase said:
    I would carry Marshtomp, Swellow, Pichu and Corphish. I can beet you XD; j/k But Yeah, four, five is being used to much and my belts not that big =p

Gooo Brandon, Congratulations ^_^

Four is the most pokemon you need to:

Beat the Gym Leaders
    If you choose the right ones, learn most the HMs
    Beat the Elite Four
    Carry around with you at all Times.

Igglybuddy

OMG PENGUINS
    Years
  • In the games I never train more than four at a time, 'cause there just isn't enough EXP to go around. However, I'd ideally want to go with one of these sets:

Blaziken, Manectric, Milotic, Flygon, Absol and Metagross
    OR
    Charizard, Gyarados, Jolteon, Steelix, Exeggutor and Umbreon
    OR
    Venusaur, Arcanine, Vaporeon, Alakazam, Arbok and Rhydon

and regardless of the set, I'd have as many pokemon out of their balls as conditions would permit...it gets lonely, wandering. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011

I would carry around 4 to, Because that way its easyer to rember there moves and stuff lol, i'd always forget, I would have my Squirtle like Ash's Pikachu never in its ball, and let it follow me around so here are the 3 pokemon i'd have

Squirtle~
    Fearow~
    Chamander~

There we go! Lol looky thats only 3!
    If only i lived in pokemon world, and i could find them all....

Emochu

Go Cry Emo chu!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2004
    Raichu
    Umbreon
    Steelix
    Charizard
    and maybe Gyrados

I wouldn't want to overload either, and all are out of their pokeball. I love steel,fire,electric, and dark :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back