• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many shinies do you have?

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2011
    So like, I've been playing for 1,500 hours (since April) I just discovered that I've made more than 400 gts trades. That kinda shocked me, I had no idea I'd made so many. It doesn't seem like I have enough shinies for someone who's made so many trades. Right now I have 18 shinies, and they're Mesprit, Bronzong, Milotic, Machamp, Golbat, Omastar, Gengar, Arcanine, Alakazam, Dragonite, Ninetales, Shiftry, Whimsicot, Banette, Ambipom and Steelix (all level 100), and a Vileplume and a Ponyta (level 60)

I was wondering, how long have you been playing, how many trades have you made, and how many shinies do you have?

PS the only one I'm the OT of is the ponyta

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    These are the shinies I have or have had (I lost HeartGold and Platinum):

Emerald: Koffing

Diamond: Geodude (deleted when I started a new game on it)

Platinum: Roselia, Sneasel, Marill, Blissey

HeartGold: Mewtwo

SoulSilver: Tentacool, Golbat

Black: Gothita

White: Sewaddle

Total shinies: 11

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
    haha! NONE :P
    I started playing from Gen III Through V.Almost all games and no matter how much I go to grass and EV Train, I can't meet ONE SINGLE SHINY! I am so Out of luck! It teases me though how my friend managed to get 2 consecutive shinies in the same place and he just recklessly let them go :@

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
    I've found only a few shinies over the years...

Gold: Doduo
    Ruby: Electrike
    Diamond: Machop

I have about 4 - 5 shinies in Pokemon Black that I have through trades,
    from the top of my head I have about 2 Eevee, Larvesta, Ninetales, I think I had another one...
    I had Treeko and more I can't remember that I traded off.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    None, not even the red Gyarados in G/S/C. Though many look better than in their normal colouration, they aren't of profound interest to me.

Years
    None. Every single one I ever had was eventually deleted. I have no regrets.
    I estimate there were maybe 5 of them in total, and 5 more that I didn't catch.

gvgisdi

Officially addicted to Crystal
    Years
    I've never had any other than Red Gyarados. :( I once saw a shiny Sentret in Crystal, but I didn't know what shinies are then so I got scared and ran away.

Years
    Other than the Red Gyarados, I've only ever had one: a shiny Shroomish (now a Breloom) found on my Sapphire.

I've had some bad luck with shinies, though, including a Teddiursa I OHKO'd by accident on Gold, and on FireRed, I found a shiny Paras in the Safari Zone when I had one ball left (didn't catch it), and the guy that teaches you how to catch Pokemon in Viridian found a shiny Weedle :(

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
    Years
    I have too many shinies to count because i have a trade thread XD

But i tend to find a fair few shinies, I found 3 shinies in one play through of Diamond:
    Mr. Mime (Mild)
    Graveller (Modest)
    Sneasel (Modest)

My brother was Soft reseting for a Naive Chimchar on his Pearl when he discovered a shiny Starly at the first battle but you don't get any pokeballs at the start XD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    9 that I currently own, two more that I owned at one time and traded to friends. I caught all but one of them on my own.

Meowth
    Swinub
    Spearow
    Solosis
    Mienfoo
    Patrat
    Herdier
    Buneary
    Gastly (traded)

And I used to own:
    Muk
    Ponyta

CharmanderFan123

Death is only an illusion.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2011
    I've owned about 5 in SS. No trades.

Charmander(now Charizard)
    Pidgey(Now a Pidgeot)
    Cyndaquil(Now Typlhosion)
    Pichu(Now a Pikachu)
    Togepi(now Togekiss)

I got the Pichu through breeding BTW

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    I have quite a lot of shinies even though I don't trade/collect them lol. XD;
    ... But I can't remember how many because I haven't played Pokemon for like... a few months?

Saerith

Fear My Glitter!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 5, 2012
    I've played my current games for over 2,000 hours and have 5 shinies

Milotic
    cyndaquil
    ralts
    eevee
    flareon

still trying to catch myself a shiny shuckle though lol. I don't do action replay (googles what that is) I just mess about in the grass.

644Klaww

LittleBigPlanet + Pokemon = <3
    Years
    I've only ever caught 2 regularly, which are my shiny Teddiursa and shiny Fearow.

I got my Teddiursa on Pokemon Diamond, using the Pokeradar, and my Fearow was a random encounter in Heartgold, by the Safari Zone.

I also have the Red Gyarados, Pikachu-Coloured Pichu, and Shiny Suicune (Zoroark event one) but they don't count. :P

And I haven't spent that much time on the games. I've spent 150-160 hours in HG, and somewhere over 100 hours in Diamond.

I'm at about 90 hours right now in White, too.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
    only about 6 legit ones as I think the others maybe be hacked

Pearl:
    Bidoof
    Sneansel
    Heart gold
    Kyogre
    zubat
    white:
    tranquil