• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many times have you played through each of the main games?

Kelp

<3
Years
  • Haven't actually played a lot of the games, but I have played a lot of Gen. 4. :]

Crystal - 2
    Leaf Green - 2
    Diamond - 6
    Black - 1

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Ruby - 2
    Leaf Green - 1
    SS - 1
    Black - haven't completed it yet.

I don't like restarting games, it's nowhere near as fun the second time around. Plus with the newer games there's so much to do after defeating the elite four anyway, which gives plenty of playing time; and there's battle frontier/subway/whatever.

Years
  • All of these are inaccurate guesses:

RBY: 20-30
    GSC: 15-25
    RSE: 15-20
    FRLG: 5-15
    DPPt: 5-8
    HGSS: 0,5 (quit halfway)
    Black: 0,8 (beat most of the game without saving because it was borrowed, but then got sick of it somewhere at the beginning of Victory Road.)
    Hacks: 2-3

Yes, I think I can say I like restarting.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I don't know exactly for the first three generations.

Red/Blue/Yellow - Several (since I played through all three, and restarted them a few times)
    Gold/Silver/Crystal - Same as above.
    Ruby - A few times.
    FireRed - Once.
    Diamond - Once.
    HeartGold - Once.

It's not that I didn't care about FireRed, Diamond, or HeartGold. Diamond has the only save file that I've ever had when I had Wi-Fi and has the fullest Pokedex I have ever had. I don't want to lose that. FireRed I just got a couple of years ago and don't see any reason in restarting. HeartGold I just got in May, and I worked really hard in it to level up my Pokemon. It has the highest level Pokemon I ever recall having. I'm probably not going to restart it.

Years
  • I could never reset my games. I'd just get so upset at the thought. My Gold cartridge had over 200 hours logged. |D

Of course, with roms it was a bit easier to justify, but since I've never tried any challenges or the like, I don't really play more than once per game.

Sevrah

Sevrah Lux
    Years
  • Mainstream:

Yellow: 1
    Red: 2
    Gold: 2
    Silver: 4
    Crystal: 12 (Yep....)
    Sapphire: 4
    Emerald: 1
    Diamond: 1
    Pearl: 1
    Platinum: (In Progress)
    Black: 1

Remakes:

Soul Silver: (In Progress)
    Fire Red: (In Progress)
    Leaf Green: 1

SpinOffs:

Colloseum: 1 (Another In Progress)
    Colloseum ExDee: 1
    Mystery Dungeon Blue: 3
    Stadium: 1
    Snap: 1

Additionally:

If you include my Emulated play throughs, add about 10..

I HAVE NO LIFE.. I'm sorry :(

Well, maybe a little bit a of a life.

Or maybe I just have a lot of time on my hands?? :O

-Sevrah

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • Can't really remember but something along those lines:

Black - 1
    White - 3-4
    Heartgold - 7
    Platinum - 9-10
    Diamond - 0

Diamond is where I store shiny, rare and legendary pokemon so I never restart it. :D

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I usually like to restart at least twice through each Pokémon game I play, but sometimes I won't because of Pokémon n' what not.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    I used to replay my Ruby so many times, even when I hadn't completed it haha, but now I just stick to one playthrough and try and complete it as much as possible.

Back