• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how many times?

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2014
    How many times do you usually play through a single cartridge? In Red, Ruby, and Firered I'd play through them over and over, restarting and playing again. But in the gen IV and V games I only play through once and keep the starting profile. Am I the only one who does this?

LavenderTownGhost

Returning to Hoenn
    Years
  • I only played through my White version once.

But when it's a game I really like, (i.e., Emerald), I can play through it 10+ times/until the internal battery runs dry. ^ ^;

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Yeah I'm finding that with the newer games I'm accomplishing more stuff, and basically forcing myself to keep the save file. I've only played Y once, which forced me to buy X since I wanted to play again (and trade, but that's irrelevant). But yeah, with the earlier stuff, especially like Yellow, I have no problems restarting many times.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Depends on what games. With the Gen 3 games, I unfortunately found myself only playing them once. I'm just not really into those games like everyone else is, but I don't not like them or anything. I'm just weird. xD

With games that have a nostalgic value i.e. Platinum and Diamond in my case, I'd want to play them a lot since every play through I could play the game differently or something like that. I also like to remember the old days when I just got the games when I replay them for some reason, again nostalgia. Or if it's a game I like i.e. Gold and Crystal, I'd replay them as much as I can before getting bored, which is around 2-3 replays.

The newer games to me don't have as much replay value as I don't find them as interesting, neither do the first generation and their remakes. I don't know, there's just something that turns me away from the 1st gen games and their remakes...

Years
  • Since I have every game, i've played through the paired versions many times. Especially the ones that have plenty of variety in the Pokédex, like Black 2 and White 2 and X and Y. I like challenges, so those two sets are great for that given what they have to offer.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    It depends on how much I like the game, but I (even still) replay Emerald, Diamond, Platinum and all of the fifth gen. I replayed Leaf Green and Fire Red a fair number of times back in the day, but hadn't replayed them for years until I recently did a challenge in Fire Red. I've never managed to finish even one playthrough of any of the first or second gen games, and I only completed Heart Gold once and have no desire to play it again.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    So far I've only finished 1 game, and it was over a 15 year span, Yellow version. I don't plan on playing any of the games more then once.

I'm close to finishing Crystal version but I'm no where near finishing Sapphire, FireRed, Black 2 or Y version. I probably won't finish Sapphire or Firered as I'm just not as interested in them as I was Yellow and Crystal.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I've played through gsc, rse, fr/lg, dppt, and hg/ss countless times. I couldn't even give you a ballpark number. Rby was too outdated for me to keep playing since I started with the second generation. I played the fifth generation twice because I hated it, and the sixth generation I really love, but I just haven't had much time for.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I only play one game in Y, but I still have this game and still play :)
    I did too many time Red/blue, Crystal/silver (not so much Gold), and I did a lot of time White, Black, W2/B2.
    I did some times Ruby and Diamond, but not as much as the others.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I usually play through games only one time. If I like them and feel like experiencing their story-line from all over, then I'd give these game another go. If I feel that I'd still enjoy them if I restart again, then I would go for a third run. Emerald was the only exception to this rule; in total, I've replayed this game for about five to six times. xD" I would've given it another go, but couldn't, since DP were released and I wound up getting busy with them.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    Gold I played over and over, Emerald I've played through once Sapphire and Ruby have been reset many times, although Sapphire ended up being my RSE dump. Leaf Green has only been played through once, Fire Red many times but all unwanted pokemon were re-homed to Leaf Green.

When I bought Pokemon X I didn't quite realise how into the games I'd become, but since then I've only had one playthrough, but Y is the game where I will do all the different run throughs - Nuzlockes, Randomisers etc.

From now on, I think I'd probably have one game to dump Pokemon and EV/IV train stuff as well as just explore until the game breaks, then one for a bit of fun on.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I replay games a lot, but for main series I have mostly replayed DPPt collectively the most. But I replay almost every game at least twice. The amount of times I have played through PMD2, however, is uncountable. I don't think I've replayed a game more than I have replayed PMD2. The storyline never got old after all those times.

Years
  • Pokemon Emerald is a special case, as I've probably played it over ten times, but most Pokemon games I can only play through once or twice. Now, it would be different if I was one of those people who sped through runs and finished the game in under 24 hours, but I like to spend time progressing and not just do it all at once, so when I finally complete it, there's not much desire to play through it again, at least for a while.

Jolteon Dan

Electric Boogaloo
    Years
  • Whichever version I play first, I keep the save file and that becomes my main thing. Then, for the complementary version (ex. Blue as opposed to Red), I allow myself to restart as much as I like, trading over the items and pokemon I care about of course.

Girl

04/07/14
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2014
    The most recent Pokemon games? Once. I've played through the GB/GBA era Pokemon games several times.

Years
  • Silver I replayed the most up until the cartridge had had enough lol and I know I played Emerald several times; with the DS games I haven't tended to restart them as much for some reason, I think Diamond and SoulSilver I restarted once (although I've had an urge recently to play Diamond again); Black and White 2 I never restarted and with X I'm on my 2nd run-through although I've got so much stuff on it now I can't bear to restart lol :)

Back