• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How many tries did it take you to beat Brawly?

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    It only took me one try to beat Brawly. I never found him to be that hard a gym leader. I guess I normally just had a Pokemon with a type advantage at that point in the game or found my Marshtomp to be strong enough to handle Brawly on its own without issue.

rockshock28

Salamence Fan Club President.
    Years
    I usually beat him in one or two tries, but it took me 36 tries this time. I'm monotyping Dark. So, it was pretty hard.

Gamefreaked

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2010
    First run with Combusken in Ruby, and first run with Marshstomp in Sapphire. Never tried Grovyle though, i just got one off my friend to complete my pokedex, but overall all the Gym Leaders were pretty easy except the Twins, they killed me like a good half dozen or dozen times.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I think it was two for me, not including the time I got owned by one of the trainers in the gym. : /

I really can't remember how I beat him, it was so long ago. : |

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    In the past it took me a few tries, I guess. (As in when I first started playing.)

Though lately, (obtaining Blaziken, Sceptile and Swampert to migrate to Pearl), I just lvl'd them up to lvl 30 by Roxanne, then they were over 30/40 something by Brawly and easily won. I dunno why I haven't overleveled my pkmn before, since it's waaaay easier to play through. (Yeah now I only use the starter and Zigzagoon o3o) I make it my goal to get my starter 10 lvls higher each gym (and for Kyogre/Groundon, as well as some Magma/Aqua confrontation-- if I counted correctly.)

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    On my new Emerald save file I beat him in one try lol - Taillow rocks when you're battling him xD

When I was trying to beat him on a ROM though I failed like 15 times or something xD

Same for me on my first try on Emerald. I had picked Torchic as my starter, but when I picked up my Wingull though, it was already level 25 by the time I got to Brawly, I hadn't played R/S/E games for ages and just recently picked up Emerald and had forgotten the whole storyline so I was running around trying to find out where to go and battle pokemon and leveling, so I owned.

Tears In The Rain

Thirsty, purposeless Vampire
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    Brawley is freaking easy. I just skip him until I am on my way back to face Norman and voila, i'm like twenty levels above him. In my Sapphire I beat him with my gloom alone due to the level advantage.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2012
    Get Sableye on Sapphire or Emerald or get swellow/tailow or ralts in ruby.... you'll pwn him in the first try with sableye since they can't really TOUCH him...

Tears In The Rain

Thirsty, purposeless Vampire
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    I can't really remember from 2004
    But I think it took me 1-3 tries. He was easy but Whitney is a b*t*h!

You are purposely referring to Whitney of Jhoto right?
    I will agree with that. She certainly was a biotch in my beloved late Silver game, my first ever jhoto journey. I remember too a Ditto finally beat that damn miltank.

The biotch for me in Hoenn since this is suppose to be third generation discussion, was Wallace's Milotic in my first Ruby file.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    I've never had problems with the gym leaders for almost all the pokemon games, even with any of the starters I usually just destroy them all in one try (All Legit), I wish they were stronger :/.

Back