• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen How many ultra balls do I have to throw at this thing?

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2012
    So I have been playing through Crystal and got to the part where I can catch Suicune, but I am not having any luck at all. Several times I have gotten it down to a pixel or two of hp and paralyzed or put it to sleep, but, no matter how many balls I throw, I can't catch it. Is there anything else I could be doing to increase my chances or do I just need to keep at it? I really don't remember it being this hard to catch the birds in the gen 1 games, but it has been awhile since I played them.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 10, 2013
    Yeah I remember hearing sleep was better than paralysis, so keep trying sleep. But other than that, you can only be patient, it shouldn't take more than a couple resets at max.

Back