• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How much are my cards worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2005
    Me and my brother got out of pokemon cards about 5 years ago and are wondering what our cards are worth.
    They are in various conditions but most of them are mint.
    I don't need exact numbers, im just looking for a ballpark.
    They all have little stars in the bottom righthand corner, which if i remember right, means they are unique.

Dragonair
    Flareon
    x3 Dittos
    Lt. Surges Magneton
    x3 Kabutops
    Misty's Tentacrule
    Hypno
    Hitmonlee
    x2 Articuno one is movie eddition
    Raichu
    Venusaur
    Dragonite
    x2 Moltres one is a movie eddition
    Nidoqueen
    x2 Pinsir
    x2 Venomoth
    x2 Clefable
    Dark Dugtrio
    Electrode
    x2 Machamp
    Dark Persian
    Polywrath
    Snorlax
    Cangaskahan
    Victreebel
    Vaporion
    Dugtrio
    Charizard
    Zapdos
    x2 Magneton
    Gengar
    Pidgeotto
    Jolteon
    Blastoise
    Scyther
    Alakazam
    x2 Vileplume
    Dark Dragonite
    Gyarados
    Nidoking

These next ones are all TRAINER cards, but are still stars

Scoop up
    Lt. Surge
    Misty
    Cerulean City Gym
    Devolution Sray
    Rainbow Energy
    Item Finder
    x2 Imposter Professor Oak
    Pokemon Trader
    Lass
    Computer Search
    Super Energy Removal
    Clefary Doll

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Oct 24, 2005
    unless they are first ed Base set or original print, probably nill. You might get something for bulk, but still, not much. Everything is based on Modified right now (sets from the last 2 years), and anybody still playing Unlimited (all cards) already has all the cards thay need. Collectors might want the first ed Base cards, but that's it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2005
    How do I know if it is a first eddition or if its a base? I haven't played for a while so i don't really remember.

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
    The first addition symbol is located on the left side of the card next to the height/weight bar. Thats how you determine if it's first edition.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2006
    how you also tell the sets is by the symbol in the right hand corner (next to the weight/height bar). here is a list of the old sets.

blank- Base set(some jungle because they missprinted some of the foils from that set)
    flower- jungle set
    claw-fossil set
    R- team rocket
    and then there is gym heros/challenge. the symbol for each is almost the same one is white and a revers c where the other is black and loocks like a c.
    then you have a symbole that looks like an exclimation point thats legend and a symbole with a 2 with a pokeball behind it is base set 2. those are the sets befor any of the neo sets.

now unless they have 1st edition most collectors have them. and the most valuble cards are like charizard,blastois,and venusaur in mint first edition. the promos you might not get allot for because there from the movie and most collectors have more than 1 set of all the movie cards.The most sought after promos are computer error,and pokemon center.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2005
    My Charizard, Blastoise, and Venusaur are all first eddition, but blastoise is a little bent. How much do you guys think these are worth? All help is appreciated.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Oct 24, 2005
    The set would probably get around $50-60, dunno tho. Old cards are difficult to price as their value depends solely on their rarity and collector's value. Check through Ebay's old listings for an accurate idea of what these cards are going for...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back