• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How much are you?

How much of a fan of Ash Ketchum fan are you?

• I LOVE HIM!!!!!!

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • He's cool

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • He's alright

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • I don't like him

Votes: 11 25.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Apr 29, 2007
    How much of a fan of Ash Ketchum fan are you?

To me he's the COOLEST!!!!

Years
  • Pokerock: Maybe you should put "why you feel that way?" Because if people are just saying yay or nay, that defeats the purpose here and I will lock. So, let's try this again?

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Heh, DC is on the job, I see. (Haven't seen ya' in a while, come to think of it) Anyway, I do agree. Just stating your opinion without motivating it in any way is pretty pointless, soo...

Well, my feelings on Ash are a bit mixed, I'm afraid. On one hand, his old self - and by that I mean the pro-Electric Soldier Porygon Ash - was actually pretty amusing at times with his childish temper bouts and lack of common sense, but the present one? Pfft...he's a Gary-stu if I ever saw one. Conquering the league, conquering the frontier, everybody likes him (Except for the bad guys, of course, but no-one cares because he beats them all) and he's always got the right thing to say. For pity's sake, that's not Ash anymore! xP Besides, I've never been too fond of the little prat because of the way he mistreats my favourite character in the show, James, and the rest of the little rocket trio. Blasting off indeed...remember kiddies, plotting to steal pokémon is baaaad, but blasting people into the air with a myriad of different attacks is a-okay... -.-

So yeah, Ash ain't getting no love from me. xP

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
  • well in that case,I don't like him because....he need to be a "SLIGHT" tougher...I'm not saying he needs to be tough,but tougher...I mean,because of him and a few others,the coolest pokemon are goin:"yay!we're friends forever!yay!I'm happy!you're happy!we're ALL happy!yay!"

aaargh!I can't stand to see charizard that way!

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • If I like Ash? He's alright. I liked him in the old episodes very much. But now,...
    I have to admit I don't feel the same way about characters I like from other Anime. Somehow it feels like Ash hasn't got enough depth. We barely now anything about his past (or it was an episode I missed xD).
    The stuff Ash does are repeated: he wins all Gymbadges (with or without delay), then goes to the league and gets beaten before the finals.
    It's getting kinda boring. I haven't seen much of the Battle Frontier/D&P series, so I can't judge him on that. I'll vote allright.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    How much am I? .......$205.99.

..............O.O;

Sorry, I just wanted to say that. Um...meh, he's alright. He makes some mistakes, but that's to be expected in a show like this.

I can't believe he still falls for Team Rocket's disguises ALL THE TIME, though.

Pkmn_knight

A Knight Of Pokemon
    Years
  • I dont like Ash. I wish he was killed off or changed like they do with misty and may. I thought he was ok in the 1st episodes. He still winning by the orange islands. I was annoyed with him in the johto episodes. And i dont like him in the Hoewn(cant spell), But i downright wish him gone now.

He always wins,He always gets to see the lengendarys. Whats so speical about Ash?

Years
  • Ash (Satoshi) is ok ....he makes the show. me personally he's ok, he's not the greatest but he;s also not the worse. it's just that sometimes he's over dramatic (also he doesnt give him pokemon alot of credit after they almost died lol he sometimes says "Alright I won another badge!!!!!!!" shouldn't it be we won 'insert pokemon's name' good job')but he's ok.

Years
  • I guess I'll try to explain why I don't like Ash.

First of all: He's such a hypocrite. Oh, it's just terrible for Team Rocket to try to steal pokemon; however, pumping huge amounts of electricity into already-defeated enemies is perfectly fine.

Another thing that annoys me is that he still tries to mess with them, even when they aren't doing anything.

Then there's that Pikachu. He dumps off his pokemon, but keeps that Pikachu every time. What is SO special about it? You'd think after having it all those years it would be able to actually win something.

Skitty101

Crazed Advanceshipper!!
    Years
  • He's a pretty awesome guy. :)

He's just so caring to his friends and Pokemon, who could possibly hate him? :classic:

Arigeitsu159

Meh...
    Years
  • Alright, let me explain this..

First of all, I don't really like Ash. He falls for Team Rocket's disguises every single time. There's not one episode where Ash doesn't fall for their disguises. It just makes me want to jump into the TV and knock some common sense into him. It's just VERY annoying.

Another thing. Have you noticed that Ash hardly evolves his pokemon? Pikachu etc. He may have a Sceptile in the Hoenn episodes, but I think that's the only good pokemon he has in his team. All the other pokemon are like uber sucky. He really needs to know the time at when to evolve his pokemon. This is crucial. Of course, someone is going to come by and knock that Pikachu out cold. D:

Also, Ash needs to stop yelling. You won a darn badge already, so what? So have I. I've won badges in Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, etc. So has everyone else. What makes you so special about getting a badge and showing off with it? o_O;

Also, for Pete's sake, Ash needs to lose more battles. The more battle Ash wins, the more overconfident he gets. I just wish I can poof in there and humiliate him in a pokemon battle. I can understand that you've won a battle, but as previously said, everyone else wins battles too. You're not the first one.

So far, I just dislike him for those reasons..D:

No offense, but these reasons are pretty lame...

1) As for falling into Team Rocket's traps everytime... it's a show, dude. If he didn't fall into their trap, we would hardly have an episode more than half the time. As the viewer, you know what's going on more than the actual character, so it's easy to knit-pick at something as trivial as this.

2) Who says you need a strong Pokemon to be a good trainer? Heck, Pikachu took out a Nosepass as an electric Pokemon versus a rock Pokemon which by most people's standards shouldn't be right. It's not about the Pokemon you have, but about how you train and use them.

3) Can't the guy be excited about his victory? He works hard, so who wouldn't be proud of their accomplishment.

4) Newsflash, Ash *has* lost battles. He lost against Gary upon his return from the Battle Frontier even though he beat him in the Johto Championships. The guy loses battles just like everyone else... heck, he lost to Brandon twice (even though I really don't consider the possessed battle a real battle) before he beat him the third time around.

Anywho, Ash is a cool guy. Wish there were more dedicated people like him in the real world.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Well sweeties, my net worth is around $249.99 +tax. =3

Anyway, are we talking about Ash from the dub, or Satoshi in general? Well I like Ash for one reason and one reason only, which maybe weird...but he's stubborn like me. XD Plus Pikachu is with him. =3

ss5vegeta

Poke' God
    Years
  • I hate him, he's a emo Poke-'luver'. Im mabey saying this because I hate the series and it gives Pokemon a bad reputation and he is the main character, but I hate Brock even more.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • Ash's okay. I'm just used to him. I dont love his annoying fanbase. I also think he's a little overrated... but then again, I used to go on Team Rocket forums before I came to mainstream Pokemon forums
    Except for the bad guys, of course, but no-one cares because he beats them all
    Spoiler:

Back