• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Much Do You Think Ash Remembers?

Soraine

(*゚.゚)
Years
  • I noticed how in Best Wishes Ash seemed to show the actions of a new trainer, as he would go straight to trying to capture a Pokemon without actually weakening it, which happened more than once. He had to actually be reminded several times. Or maybe it was just the excitement of new Pokemon getting to his head? o-O

I suppose they have to do that in a way, make him seem less powerful as each new Pokemon Anime title starts, as it's a way of helping the new viewers become more part of it rather than just having Ash defeat everything without fail and having him have all the knowledge he's gained from his previous adventures.

Last edited:
    Years
  • maybe ash fell into a coma in the first episode right after the huge thunderbolt and all of what has happened so far is just a dream while he is still in a coma, and thats why he is so damn oblivious, forgets things and never ages???

I'm sure I've read a fanfic with that same premise. :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2012
    This is one of the many reasons why I hate the anime. Ash doesn't retain anything, and theres so many little side plots. I hate how he always leaves his Pokemon behind :/. Sure he could be doing it for the new experiences but he shouldn't be a total idiot.

This is why Pokemon Adventures manga is and always will be superior.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
  • I'd feel stupid if I got electrocuted lot of times.

Team Rocket intro = hemispherectomy (surgery free)

ALSO: Ash's hat is really his brain. he gets a new one for most new regions.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • rather than a very experience person KO-ing every trainer he meets. xD
    But wouldn't that be awesome? :D
    Like this:
    Random trainer: I'll take you down with my (insert name of random Pokémon)
    Ash: Oh yeah... Pikachu, Thunderbolt.
    Battle ends :D

ALSO: Ash's hat is really his brain. he gets a new one for most new regions.
    Hey that's awesome :D I haven't thought of that :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Unless if Ash is a secret genius (which he's not), there is no way he could remember all of those promises he made to all the characters-of-the-day. "One day we'll meet again, and that time, we'll battle!" Yeah, sure, you've made that promise to like, what, 600 people?

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Unless if Ash is a secret genius (which he's not), there is no way he could remember all of those promises he made to all the characters-of-the-day. "One day we'll meet again, and that time, we'll battle!" Yeah, sure, you've made that promise to like, what, 600 people?

Imma let you finish Ash but my Ratatta is one of the best of all time! Of all time!

Soraine

(*゚.゚)
    Years
  • Unless if Ash is a secret genius (which he's not), there is no way he could remember all of those promises he made to all the characters-of-the-day. "One day we'll meet again, and that time, we'll battle!" Yeah, sure, you've made that promise to like, what, 600 people?
    I was thinking the same thing. x'D

Years
  • Unless if Ash is a secret genius (which he's not), there is no way he could remember all of those promises he made to all the characters-of-the-day. "One day we'll meet again, and that time, we'll battle!" Yeah, sure, you've made that promise to like, what, 600 people?

It's kinda like that lie I tell women all the time. "I'll be back in twenty minutes, I just need to go to the store real quick to buy cigarettes" even though I don't smoke. :P

But I agree. After being 10 for over a decade, I think his memory is still in the frantic "OMG SUGAR!!!!!" mindset.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
  • Why is he still 10? Can anyone answer that? He should have aged at least 1 year for each pokemon league hes competed in.. And if they didnt want the main character of the series being old they should just change it each region, and just have the old mains come and be apart every now and again.
    The new anime series pisses me off, Ash cant beat a new trainer with his new pokemon with his unbelievable over powered pikachu wtf? He doesnt know how to catch a pokemon.. HES CAUGHT OVER 25 DIFFERENT TYPES OF POKEMON BEFORE THIS REGION HOW DOES HE NOT REMEMBER HOW TO DO IT NOW? *face-palm* All i can say atleast they are letting him catch more then 6 pokemon this season.. maybe he will even evolve them! :O

Edit: In conclusion Ash is obviously an idiot who doesnt remember anything.

Years
  • Didn't he promise that he'd go back and find his Pidgeot that he released one day? It'd be kinda sad if he forgot about that, and the Pidgeot remembers.

Like that Futurama episode with Seymour.

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
    Years
  • He may not remember all of it but I'm sure he probably remembers all the important details such as traveling with Misty, Brock's dream, why pikachu doesn't want to evolve, where he got pikachu(duh lol), etc. One thing though, is that in an earlier episode, Ash is told that a trainer may only have 6 pokemon with them at a time in their party. That was when he caught kraby. In a much later episode (I believe in one of the new episodes) he gets confused as to why his pokeball is glowing after catching a pokemon. Then, I believe Iris reminds him that he has six pokemon and one has to be sent to Juniper. He then goes into a pokecenter and takes care of it. I'm also still wondering what pokemon he put in, as he does not say. I am to, wondering how much Ash really remembers.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • Ash strikes me as the character to only remember something when it's convenient to him. For example, when he starts using his old Pokemon in the Elite Four or the Frontier. It's unfortunate that they made him do a newbish mistake at the beginning of this season (and apparently several times afterwards, too), but then I remember that I don't really like Ash anyway, and haven't for a long time.

I like Pwnyta Jockey's theory; that his hat is his brain, and because he gets a new one every time he goes to a new Region, his mind resets... xD

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2016
    I wonder if he remembers battling Miki?
    Anyway, he probably remembers most of the stuff he learns, but forgets it all in the heat and excitement of battle.

Years
  • For example, when he starts using his old Pokemon in the Elite Four or the Frontier.

And even then, he picks the completely wrong Pokémon to use. Maybe he forgets which Pokémon are available to him - why else hasn't he called on his Charizard to destroy everything it sees?

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
    Years
  • And even then, he picks the completely wrong Pokémon to use. Maybe he forgets which Pokémon are available to him - why else hasn't he called on his Charizard to destroy everything it sees?

I know it's been a long time since I've seen the older episodes, but why would Ash send out his Charizard when it would probably just sleep on a rock like it always had. Also, Ash left Charizard in the Charicific Valley with Liza in Charizard's Burning Ambition episode.

Years
  • It started obeying him in the Orange Islands, if I remember correctly. I know that Charizard is there, but it can be called on whenever Ash wants to. I'm sure it'd want to help, too.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011

I like Pwnyta Jockey's theory; that his hat is his brain, and because he gets a new one every time he goes to a new Region, his mind resets... xD

Hoenn debunks that theory. Ash got a new hat yet taught May the basics of being a Pokemon Trainer. Sorry ;)

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Why is he still 10? Can anyone answer that? He should have aged at least 1 year for each pokemon league hes competed in.. And if they didnt want the main character of the series being old they should just change it each region, and just have the old mains come and be apart every now and again.
    The new anime series pisses me off, Ash cant beat a new trainer with his new pokemon with his unbelievable over powered pikachu wtf? He doesnt know how to catch a pokemon.. HES CAUGHT OVER 25 DIFFERENT TYPES OF POKEMON BEFORE THIS REGION HOW DOES HE NOT REMEMBER HOW TO DO IT NOW? *face-palm* All i can say atleast they are letting him catch more then 6 pokemon this season.. maybe he will even evolve them! :O

Edit: In conclusion Ash is obviously an idiot who doesnt remember anything.
    They keep Ash and Pikachu around for marketing purposes, apparently they are more concerned with money then developing Ash any farther. Although Pikachu did loss to Snivy it just got nerfed from Zekrom Lighting Bolt. They probably dumb him down for the new fans they think they are going to get each Saga. It teaches them that you need to weaken the pokemon like Iris pointed out when Ash tried to catch Deerling. It's like when I played Megaman Battle Network they did a tutorial at the beginning for every game.
    Didn't he promise that he'd go back and find his Pidgeot that he released one day? It'd be kinda sad if he forgot about that, and the Pidgeot remembers.

Like that Futurama episode with Seymour.
    I wouldn't hold my breathe of this. I'd think if they were going to reunite him with Pidgeot they would have did so during Ash brief return to Kanto during the Battle Frontier Saga.

It started obeying him in the Orange Islands, if I remember correctly. I know that Charizard is there, but it can be called on whenever Ash wants to. I'm sure it'd want to help, too.
    It can, but Ash made a point to take only Pikachu with him so he would have a challenge and meet a bunch of new pokemon. What fun would it be to see Charizard destroy opposing opponents, outside of Leagues or major battles that.

Back