• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How much does anime mean to you?

Years
  • I'm dead serious, is there an anime that you feel is so good, that you can re-watch it at least once a month? Is there an anime that speaks to you on a personal level? Is there an anime you feel best represents your real life situation as of now? Is there an anime you truly feel connected to? Is there an anime that you are in absolute awe when watching?

For me, the anime Garden Of Words is without a doubt, the #1 anime of all time. After seeing this and even while watching it, my kind was blown, I swear, at times, it looked like real life scenery, and mind you, some of the most beautiful scenery moments. While watching it, I was literally speechless and even re-watched it a few times just to see it again and again and again. Then I became a bit obsessed with it and used GIFs of different scenes as my wallpaper and loading screen and so on. To this day, I still cannot understand how it is just so freaking beautiful, and combined with my appreciation for things such as ASMR, I get extreme chills watching this, almost to the point that I start to feel cold myself and have to cover up or turn up the heater (even on a hot day).

I honestly cannot get over how it looks, sounds, and the emotions it floods me with. Just the idea that two complete strangers can somehow completely enjoy each other's company on a cold or even crappy day is remarkable and in many ways, makes me sad... cause around here, on a terrible day, people become terrible and rude to each other.

Years
  • Well... I did rather enjoy キルラキル and even picked up some memorabilia for it. It's the uh... only show I've bought anything for, actually. I don't know what made the show stand out, but it was a mix of funny and brutal in a perfect balance with just that dash of weird that I love. Clothes as an alien species? I'll roll with it.

Years
  • There's a lot of anime that I really like or that speak to me personally, but I wouldn't say I care for anime as a concept any more than I do for other media.

Years
  • I'm dead serious, is there an anime that you feel is so good, that you can re-watch it at least once a month? Is there an anime that speaks to you on a personal level?

Yes and yes. It's going to sound silly, but as a naturally reserved introvert I feel like I can more easily connect with anime and count on it for relieving stress. I get very invested in certain series and adore the characters. It's an important part of my life and probably will continue to be.

Back