• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How much longer can Pokemon last?

DarkVhozon

Steel/Dragon Master
    Years
    From what I'm seeing most of you are assuming it will go on as long as they have ideas and a name for the new games. But does anyone see pokemon getting, just a little, generalized.How long before people begin to question if these new ideas are good or even wanted. Triple battles? Come on I like Doubles but Triples could mean a person has there whole party in one fight, which is tactically and unsound desicion.

* Back on target, take a look at the mascots. Look Close. Do they remind you of anybody, even maybe a little. Try and take away the wierd crap here and there on them and look at them for shape and maybe color and features.

*My point is Pokemon doesn't seem inspired anymore and I feel that will be its downfall. If you notice they most popular games on gen's 3/4 are remakes of older pokemon. Plus did anyone get that sort of finality with the addition of Arceus to the pokedex? Just something for u guys to chew on. I feel we are getting closer and closer to that point in a franchise where it changes here and there to the point where it is too different and isnt exactly pokemon anymore. I dont want each new game to be just another pokemon game to keep it going. If gen 5 is what I think it will be that is where I will stop buying new pokemon games.....Hate to say it but its tru.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    Well, all good things come to an end. Hopefully if they're not getting any new good ideas Pokémon will stop so that we can remember it as something awesome instead of letting it disintegrate more and more. That's how I see it. I know it would be sad, but if good things are going to become bad, I rather have it stop so that I can keep it as a good memory.

RyanGT

Forum Elder
    Years
    Well if you look at franchises like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Castlevania, etc. which all began their runs in the 80's, every single one of those franchises are still going, and going strong. Pokemon has only been out since 1996. About half as long as Mario. I see know reason why Pokemon won't still be going strong 10-15 years from now, if not longer just as Mario and the others have done.

At the end of the day, Pokemon could end up being the greatest, and longest lasting Nintendo franchise of all time.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Moving to Pokemon General, since this can cover more than the games. And I think that as long as Nintendo can rake in the dough from Pokemon, it'll keep going and going. Hopefully gen V will be the last, though. Maybe even a gen VI.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2011
    I didn't mean I wanted Pokémon to end, I only want them to stop making Pokémon before it starts failing at Pokémon designs.

I'm afraid it's coming close to that, if not already there. In my opinion, at least.

But, as long as people like it, it'll be there.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    Haha, this makes me think of something I read back in 1999. Yes, that's right... Way back then. Some kind of TV guide thing in October of '99. They were having some sort of interview on Pokemon and stuff like that, and the top of it was titled, "Don't worry... It'll all be over soon." They predicted it to be over in like, the next couple of years when the cards got collected and the shows were over.

Funny. It's still going just as strong now as it was then, I do believe, and more and more cards come out every single year. lol. And many, many regions. ((Even though, I do have to say, I find the cards much more boring now than they used to be, because back when I collected them in school I was more able to collect most of them, and now there are so many it's pretty much impossible now.))

Ayesha

惚け
    Years
    I'm guessing probably one more generation, because the Pokemon franchise is still going strong. With the Generation V release coming soon, I'm guessing the old Pokemon fans will still be hooked, and new ones may arise. Though it's just a prediction, I'm guessing it will be around for another ten years or so.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
    i'm just saying that pokemon needs to expand more. i want to play games like the handhelds on my wii with the graphics of battle revolution, the battle complexity of LOZ or some fighting game, and the awsomeness of Charizard (or the greatest thing you can think of)

or just something to make pokemon be more multiplayer without multi games. if nintendo could at least make one of those mmorpgs that we hear about.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I think at the rate it is going, it will last a while longer, maybe one or two more gens. I think pokemon will end once there isn't really much connection left with Kanto, like evolution wise. Eventually they will run out of evolutions with the Johto and Kanto pokemon.

Kianna

blip blip
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2011
    i heard rumours that they would stop making new pokemon at 1000, but even after that they can still make more games out of it.
    maybe after they have made 1000 they would make a pokemon all region.

Jaja. No matter how long it goes on, they have to put a cap on the number of Pokemon at some point.. Otherwise pretty soon it would be like, Pokemon No. 1,528,663,250.. Pokemon No. 1,528,663,251.. Pokemon No. 1,528,663,252.. And so on.:P

Back