• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How much money do you spend on video games? Is it more or less than you spend on other forms of entertainment?

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    I would probably say that for me it's a lot less than other forms of entertainment. My family spends more money at least a few times a year going out to the movies than video games. We always go on the Holidays to see some of the big ones in theaters.

Years
  • If you count in-app purchases then a fair deal. I still spend a decent amount on a few mobile games I really like (the main culprit being Princess Connect). If you exclude that then not as much as some! I don't often buy games immediately unless I really want them right away and that's not often, more for a few select series, like Pokémon. A lot of my other games come from humble bundles at a discount. Overall.. definitely more than other forms of entertainment when everything is counted. @_@;;

Years
  • I think around 250-300€ per year. I usually buy games in bulk during sales and usually put a soft limit on my purchase, around 60€. Looking at my last two years, I usually buy games in summer and winter sale. I rarely buy games day one (or even month or year one), but I have to say that I bought more newly released games in 2024 than I bought in the last 3 years combined. There was a good deal on Humble Bundle on them. Speaking of Humble Bundle, I'm a longterm subscriber of their Humble Monthly/Choice, being there since the very first bundle. But I also pause quite a lot. There were years, where I bought one or two bundles in the whole year. I also buy games on Switch from time to time, which usually costs the most money per game.

Years
  • I'd say I spend more on games. It's interesting though because with games I'm more likely to buy a bunch of things I want at once and then nothing at all for months whereas my expenditure on streaming services is spaced out in small chunks throughout the year.

Days
  • In my case, it might be around Zero 😅. As I usually don't spend money for buying games because I am not a prolific gamer, and just play games for limited relaxation, hence anything which stumbles across me for free is enough for this limited purpose.

I am so much less in gaming side that you won't even find any gaming consoles or titles with me.

I don't watch movies as well, so this is also not the mean of entertainment for me.

In terms of spending money, we have monthly subscription for TV, which offers loads of channels which includes 2-3 cartoon channels, 5-6 sports channels, 15-20 news, 12-15 movies, 8-10 TV serials, and 6-7 channels of documentaries like Discovery and Animal Planet. This is enough for me, I suppose. Since we don't have dollar system, hence converting the value rounds around 50 dollars per year.

The area where I am living is surrounded by forest, hence I get free experience of watching wild monkeys, deers, rabbits, peacocks, buffaloes, falcons, etc. Song birds had nested around our building, hence I can easily hear their voices throughout the day !!

Years
  • I don't have any exact figures as I don't keep track of it, but I'm fairly confident it's more than I spend on other forms of entertainment as I barely spend any money at all on them =P

Days
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    It's called a hidden price increase, like in cereal, if the price stays the same but the total grams in cereal is down then its a hidden price increase, gaming has adopted the hidden price increase with like battle passes and skins stuff like that, so if you want all the cool stuff you need to pay instead of paying a set price outright.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • Not counting the consumption of power or network connection, I'm spending about USD $15 a year on games, which actually is an increase compared to previous years' average of $0, but still notoriously lower than other forms of entertainment such as TV cable. Helps that I'm a delay gamer so most of the stuff I get I get it at very lowered prices, on second-hand, or even for free via the grapevine or gifts.

Back