• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How much RAM do you have?

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    8GB of 1066 Mhz DDR2 Ram. Ridiculous? Yes. Awesome? Hell yeah!

I was trying to future proof my new computer for about 3 years.

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
  • My Macbook Pro which I just got today has 2 Gigs of ram. I will soon upgrade that to 4. It also has an Intel Core 2 Duo Chip with 2.5 Ghz Processor and 6 Mb of L2 cache.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2023
    2GB ram desktop and laptop.

@XaRhS: 512MB Ram rocks man, until this year i've been using 256MB ram computer - sweet as a Pichus Sweet Kiss. Though it kinda suck when you wanna play really Hi-end games.

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
  • Laptop: 247MB - I get by. I don't play games on my computer unless it's a Flash game or a demo of something like World of Goo. I'd really like to upgrade it in the future.

Desktop: 768MB - I upgraded to meet the mininum requirements of World of Warcraft, which I never play. It works well enough.

New Family Computer: 2GB - I can't wait to use this computer all the time! (It hasn't arrived yet.) It runs Vista, so I'm hoping it's not as bad as people say, and besides it has 2GB of memory! Yes!

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Hm. Been a while since I was last at this thread. I have since acquired additional assets.

2304MB on what will be my main computer.
    192MB on a reserve computer constructed with random spare parts.

Raven-NAR-32450

The Great and Powerful RAVEN
    Years
  • well, my main Desktop has 768 megabytes, good enough to get me by.
    my Subsidiary Desktop has 512 megabytes, slow as death
    the Shunned Vista Desktop has 3 GB.......i dont care how GOOD it is the OS is Vista, to me VISTA SUCKS!

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen yesterday
    My laptop is maxed out at 2GB of RAM (I don't have a desktop). I hope Windows 7 will be memory-efficient enough that I can get it when it comes out and postpone buying a whole new computer. Windows 7 looks delicious.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
  • Well, this is actually kind of funny. My desktop is 8 years old and has 512MB of RAM (And it still works just fine. Has XP, came with ME) My laptop has 4 GB of RAM on XP. (Bought it early summer 2008) I keep the registry pristine, remove any and all temporary items (including the organization of my start menu and desktop), mod the boot process, mod the theme, add some extras, and manage pretty much everything else. The result? A good-looking, fast starting, faster running, safe computer more powerful than my desktop. Oh, and I shun the family Vista desktop. They make me maintain it (and buy the anitivirus), so it runs just fine. (Plus they make me figure out how to run their programs. Can you believe I got a racing game intended for Windows 95 not only working, but able to connect to the internet for IP races?) Vista may look good, but I like my modded XP theme. I can have all sorts of cool stuff. (And, if I really wanted to, I could easily fool people into thinking I had a hackintosh, but I don't like the Mac setup)

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2012
    2GB (two 1GB SO-DIMMs) of 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR3 memory

on my 24" iMac.

viridian doubletongue

the world's greatest thief
    Years
  • WEEEELLLLL I have 2gb in my family desktop hp a6130.uk.

And 2gb in my 2.0ghz aluminium Macbook.

happy bunny ;D

and on this college old white imac there is 1gb and 1.83ghz intel core 2 duo processor, but it's still surprisingly good.

my old family computer and my bro's computer had 256mb and they were both nightmares.

And my first desktop PC had 512mb but I remember that being quite good, being able to run a DVD and an old old photoshop at the same time, which did me fine.

yeah I keep editing this message to add things. My first proper family PC windows 98se had 64mb ram. I hated that piece of junk. Took like 10 minutes to start up. And like crashed every day.

Back