• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How much time do you spend playing per day?

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2019
    How much time do you spend playing video games per day? On Weekdays? Weekends? And how much time do you spend playing each game?

Right now, I am playing Destiny and Ocarina of Time. I have a ton of other things on my schedule, so I only spend 1 hour on Destiny per day, and 30-45 minutes of replaying OoT 3D (Master Quest) per day. I have a total of 1:30-1:45 per day on video games (At least right now, I've had seasons where I'd play for 5+ hours a day).

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • During the week I generally spend 1 hour playing video games. Usually it depends on whether or not I visit my girlfriend during the week, and as I work as well on those days I generally don't play at all. On the weekends I'll normally play more than that, depending if I'm very well in a game session of Titanfall or something like that.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • It really just depends on the day and how I'm feeling. Some days I end up playing for 5 or 6 hours and other days I only play maybe an hour if I play at all.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    My classes are all done online, and right now most of them are incredibly simple. I also work from home. If you can call it that. Although I do have to work around boyfriend's work schedule now, and that gets in the way, lol. There's quite a few variables, but the gist is that I'm always home and I'm not usually that busy. :P

The weekdays are probably harder for me to get in gaming time because 1) When my boyfriend is at work, my dad wants to steal my computer to play Resident Evil, and 2) I'd really rather do my homework when he's at work. It's incredibly difficult to write a paper when your S/O is sitting right next to you playing BF4.

So some days I'll play for 10 hours straight, some days I may not want to play anything at all. There's just too many variables to break it down into a regular "schedule."

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • On average? Probably about an hour or so a day, though it's a bit more sporadic than that. Thursdays and Sundays are my long days at work, and a lot of times I won't play anything on those days. Other times, especially if I'm really enjoying a game or getting close to beating it, I can dump several hours into a game if I have nothing else to do. But I'd say an hour is pretty typical on an average day after work and whatnot.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Depends on the day for me. Some days, I don't have the time or care to play anything so I'll usually just spend about 10 minutes doing my daily logins and stuff for the mobile games I play religiously. Other days, I'll just play Pokémon on the bus to/from school so it'll be maybe half an hour. And then of course every so often I just get hooked on something and pour 10 hours a day into it without a second thought.

So yeah, it varies. I usually won't sit down to play something unless I have a few hours of free time to dedicate to it, though, so as far as meaningful game sessions go (instead of just wasting time until I get to a destination or something), I guess on average it's probably 2-4 hours.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Depends on the day and the time I have, depends on what I feel like playing, things like that. So I don't really have an average play time each day. Sometimes I'll pop in Pokemon for maybe 15 minutes and just not be feeling it and turn it off and that be it for the day. Other times, I'll pop in Rayman 2 and accidentally play for 3 hours straight. Things happen, haha.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Like almost everyone else, for me, it also depends on the day.

If it's holiday season and I have free time on my hands with nothing else to be doing, I would play for about two to four hours straight, non-stop. After taking some rest, I would begin playing again for more or less the same amount of time.

If it's not holiday, I'm usually busy with something while at home, whether it be helping to do some housework, college homework, projects, or anything else of the like, so I always have to make time to fit video games in. Weekdays, I play for up to one and half hour at maximum, and on weekends, it's two.

Bay

Years
  • Also pretty much depends for me. It's usually around an hour/hour and a half on weekdays and a little over two hours on weekends. Sometimes I'll play a bit more if I know I get a bit more free time, like for instance I know a show I've been following isn't getting a new episode this week (I've been following quite a few shows, lol). Another exception is if I know I'm close to finishing and can't wait to get to the ending.

Years
  • Compared to a couple of years ago, I don't play nearly the amount of video games that I used to. Since it varies from day to day much like it does with others in the thread, I'll say that I play an average of 5 hours a week (compared to the ~25 hours a week I'd play back in 2010-11). As it is, most of that 5 hours is made up of playing Animal Crossing for 20-30 minutes a day, with the rest of the time being when I sit down once a week to play something on my PS3.

With all of the games I've got in my collection that I need to finish, I probaby should be playing more, but I don't feel bad that I'm not.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • In my case it depends on if I have a game I'm currently playing.
    If I am, I could play around 8-10 hours per day.
    On the other hand, I could play nothing for the whole day or just play for a few minutes.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Whenever it's one of those rare days when I'm actually able to play, I would likely be playing for several (as in 4+) hours.

On normal days, however, I don't play any video games at all. =/

Years
  • Usually a couple of hours before I go to bed. Except at the weekends, when I play games, uh... quite a lot more. Especially when I have friends over.

Yukari

The amount of time I play video games tends to vary from time to time. But generally it's 6 or more hours a day, unless I'm preoccupied with something else. (Usually schoolwork.) :p

Years
  • In general, I'd say at least fifteen minutes to an hour per day, unless it's something I'm really into in which case that'll end up being a few hours. Like just about everyone else has said, it all depends on various other things going on at the time.

BatsyDarling

*✶вαтѕуdαяℓing ✶*
    Years
  • Probably 2-7 hours depending on the game, if it's a game that I've been wanting to play and finally got my hands on, I'd spend half of the day playing it just because.

Back