• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How much you agree with this song?

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2014
    oops forgot to add [Discussion] >_> Sorry about it

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kqLVeP7iHA[/ame]

I'm in 100%

So how much do you agree with this song, and why exactly? who do you think is right - the religion and political scientists & etc, or the lyrics in the song? and why?

This song has the same opinions I have.

About the traditions - not every tradition is good.
    The whole thing about rape pregnancy and abortions -
    EVERYONE must have the right to go through abortion. The baby isn't really alive yet, it's not even killing... [at the first few months that is]
    The political scientists... Which are not worthy to the title "Scientists"... Just liers.

I'm for the points in the song.
    They just tell the ugly truth, the world is getting dumber.

Not every traditional should be passed through the generations [like brit-milah, it's very dangerous for the children and harm their human rights!]

ETC.

TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS AND DISCUSS!!! OR EAT donuts. Or both.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Not exactly discussion provoking. What question are you getting at? You could have a better articulated OP about anti-intellectualism, the relationship between birth rates and intelligence, political apathy, the flaws of democracy, or evolution's obsolescence to humanity or some combination or all of the above. In any case, scope out what you want in the discussion, and then have an OP that communicates the purpose of your discussion clearly. I've listened to the song but aren't sure where to begin. Also, what makes a discussion a discussion isn't just whether or how much you agree - it's why you agree. Otherwise it's just an expression of opinion, which doesn't get us very far.

I like the shoutout to political scientists though.

Closed.

Edit: I'll reopen it for now, but make sure to give us some direction in leading the discussion. There's certainly a lot of politically and socially relevant themes in that song.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I guess I am just not understanding why the trend, as the song goes, is a dumber population. I'd say it's the opposite as far as social order goes in the United States. Let's go back ten years ago, in many states same-sex relations were illegal. Go back 60 years, African Americans couldn't vote, and were segregated outcasts of society. Go back 90 years, women were not allowed to vote, and generally, had fewer rights to property, ect.. Go back over 100 years ago, there was slavery in the United States. Likely nothing would come of a report of severe domestic abuse either, sexual or physical. Go back any further, the atrocities are the same, if not worse. The global trends are following suit. We are observing more of a cultural globalization, incrementally each generation. Similarly established "traditions" and "mores" shared among cultures is not necessarily a bad thing when talking of nation or even international cohesion. As we have observed most contemporary wars are intranational (civil wars), with governments not satisfying a changing populace, which is following a global trend.

If anything the writers of this song are the less intellectually inclined, letting off some sensationalist punk band angst as well as catering to the consumers fans.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2014
    I guess I am just not understanding why the trend, as the song goes, is a dumber population. I'd say it's the opposite as far as social order goes in the United States. Let's go back ten years ago, in many states same-sex relations were illegal. Go back 60 years, African Americans couldn't vote, and were segregated outcasts of society. Go back 90 years, women were not allowed to vote, and generally, had fewer rights to property, ect.. Go back over 100 years ago, there was slavery in the United States. Likely nothing would come of a report of severe domestic abuse either, sexual or physical. Go back any further, the atrocities are the same, if not worse. The global trends are following suit. We are observing more of a cultural globalization, incrementally each generation. Similarly established "traditions" and "mores" shared among cultures is not necessarily a bad thing when talking of nation or even international cohesion. As we have observed most contemporary wars are intranational (civil wars), with governments not satisfying a changing populace, which is following a global trend.

If anything the writers of this song are the less intellectually inclined, letting off some sensationalist punk band angst as well as catering to the consumers fans.

I disagree.

I would agree with you that the world was getting smarter... If I didn't see all the stupidity.
    Everyone are worshiping people [which doesn't even matter in the world], harming their children while thinking its healthy, when it's more. Everyone who goes against the flow is effed. effed in his butt. Once I was literally stoned by someone on a field trip because I don't believe in the jewish god [I believe in thor U__U And Arceus] and said to me "Infidel". He almost hit my eyes!!
    My teacher did NOTHING. Most of the Ninth graders are discriminating Atheist, non-jewish people, or even people without the same opinions! EFFING NINTH GRADERS!!! Some of them don't deserve to live... Honestly. They are just plain stupid&mean.

Is the world getting dumber? Well, Israel is!!! All the stupid people are discriminating the smart because of their ignorance and the smart people different opinions!

Gaining all these rights to homosexuals and women WILL BE CANCELED if we let the STUPID people rule over us.
    I don't care if they're religious or not, we must have a clear state-religion division.
    There are only a few "smart" people who made a difference in the world.

If I tell someone jewish "Brit Milah isn't healthy" and show him proofs - I'm still going to get stabbed. [Yea, they carry illegal weapons here. Knifes are illegals if they are not in your own house]
    I I tell someone christian "But Jesus was Jewish!" The normal christian will do the same.
    Oh and the muslims, those sheep effing extremists... Yea, in old times, people would get the animals off their homes so the muslims, while they are raiding the village, will take on the animals and not their wives and daughters.

I'm talking about extremists here... In israel, the muslim countries and 'merica.

The situation will get reversed, if we won't act.

But you do have a point that the world is pretty smart in comparison to old times... But it isn't the old times. It's about NOW. We need to act NOW.

So yea. They world is going to be in a bad shape if we don't act. It's not about then, it's about now and the future.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    The world is getting smarter and it has been getting smarter for a while. Just about every developed country has seen an increase in IQ in varying levels. The bell curve is used to measure intelligence(where 100 IQ is the average), but the average intelligence for each nation has been increasing. The only reason people think the average intelligence is dipping is because the Internet and social media shows everyone just how stupid other people can be, and also because people cherry pick the positive aspects of the past while ignoring all of the negative aspects.

But no I'm probably wrong because a punk band made a terrible song. I'm sure everyone was smarter in pre-Industrial society where people were too busy farming and dying of dysentery.

...If I tell someone jewish "Brit Milah isn't healthy" and show him proofs - I'm still going to get stabbed. [Yea, they carry illegal weapons here. Knifes are illegals if they are not in your own house]
    I I tell someone christian "But Jesus was Jewish!" The normal christian will do the same.
    Oh and the muslims, those sheep effing extremists... Yea, in old times, people would get the animals off their homes so the muslims, while they are raiding the village, will take on the animals and not their wives and daughters.

I'm talking about extremists here... In israel, the muslim countries and 'merica...

I'm all for being anti-Israel, but your fedora attitude towards religion makes it seem like you'd rather discuss the degradation of morality(or rather your idea of it) instead of intelligence. There's a BIG difference between the two.

Last edited:

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • I disagree.

I would agree with you that the world was getting smarter... If I didn't see all the stupidity.
    Everyone are worshiping people [which doesn't even matter in the world], harming their children while thinking its healthy, when it's more. Everyone who goes against the flow is effed. effed in his butt. Once I was literally stoned by someone on a field trip because I don't believe in the jewish god [I believe in thor U__U And Arceus] and said to me "Infidel". He almost hit my eyes!!
    My teacher did NOTHING. Most of the Ninth graders are discriminating Atheist, non-jewish people, or even people without the same opinions! EFFING NINTH GRADERS!!! Some of them don't deserve to live... Honestly. They are just plain stupid&mean.

Is the world getting dumber? Well, Israel is!!! All the stupid people are discriminating the smart because of their ignorance and the smart people different opinions!

Gaining all these rights to homosexuals and women WILL BE CANCELED if we let the STUPID people rule over us.
    I don't care if they're religious or not, we must have a clear state-religion division.

If I tell someone jewish "Brit Milah isn't healthy" and show him proofs - I'm still going to get stabbed. [Yea, they carry illegal weapons here. Knifes are illegals if they are not in your own house]

I'm talking about extremists here... In israel, the muslim countries and 'merica.

But you do have a point that the world is pretty smart in comparison to old times... But it isn't the old times. It's about NOW. We need to act NOW.

So yea. They world is going to be in a bad shape if we don't act. It's not about then, it's about now and the future.

I'm not going to stone you or stab you with a knife. I don't hate you in any way. The world is getting smarter. About abortion- there is a heartbeat at 8 weeks. Explain to me how the baby isn't alive during the first few months. Explain to me why there is a law that states that it is murder to punch a lady in the stomach and kill her baby if the baby is technically not alive yet.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2014
    I'm not going to stone you or stab you with a knife. I don't hate you in any way. The world is getting smarter. About abortion- there is a heartbeat at 8 weeks. Explain to me how the baby isn't alive during the first few months. Explain to me why there is a law that states that it is murder to punch a lady in the stomach and kill her baby if the baby is technically not alive yet.
    Wait, you hate me? XD
    I was talking about extremists. + About abortion, I was talking about the early stages. before it becomes a human being. A tiny cell isn't human yet, ya know... Plus, punching someone is already a crime an forced abortion is also a crime.

The world is getting smarter and it has been getting smarter for a while. Just about every developed country has seen an increase in IQ in varying levels. The bell curve is used to measure intelligence(where 100 IQ is the average), but the average intelligence for each nation has been increasing. The only reason people think the average intelligence is dipping is because the Internet and social media shows everyone just how stupid other people can be, and also because people cherry pick the positive aspects of the past while ignoring all of the negative aspects.

But no I'm probably wrong because a punk band made a terrible song. I'm sure everyone was smarter in pre-Industrial society where people were too busy farming and dying of dysentery.

I'm all for being anti-Israel, but your fedora attitude towards religion makes it seem like you'd rather discuss the degradation of morality(or rather your idea of it) instead of intelligence. There's a BIG difference between the two.
    Fedora attitude? I'm a bit anti-religious, being anti-religious is "Fedora attitude"? WHAT THE HELL FEDORA HAS WITH IT ANYWAY?! I DONT EVEN HAVE A FEDORA!!
    Well, you do have a point about degradation of morality... Not necessarily the intelligence. Indeed, a good point which , make sense.

But I still believe the intelligence is also slowly degrading... Have you seen the "normal" girls of these days? I'm not talking about every girl, but most of them. THEY ARE INSANELY STUPID.
    "God loves me" She says while showing most of her body. -__- It's the typical kind of girls now days. No modesty, always showing their bodies to the public for attention, ♥♥♥♥♥s etc...

&why exactly you are anti-israel? Because the whole israelis-arabs conflict?

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • Wait, you hate me? XD
    I was talking about extremists. + About abortion, I was talking about the early stages. before it becomes a human being. A tiny cell isn't human yet, ya know... Plus, punching someone is already a crime an forced abortion is also a crime.

Please explain the heartbeat then. I'm pretty sure one is alive of there is a heartbeat. Look it up. It's true. I'm pretty sure this is 25 characters and four words long. I'm typing this for this to actually send.

Fedora attitude? I'm a bit anti-religious, being anti-religious is "Fedora attitude"? WHAT THE HELL FEDORA HAS WITH IT ANYWAY?! I DONT EVEN HAVE A FEDORA!!
    Well, you do have a point about degradation of morality... Not necessarily the intelligence. Indeed, a good point which , make sense.

But I still believe the intelligence is also slowly degrading... Have you seen the "normal" girls of these days? I'm not talking about every girl, but most of them. THEY ARE INSANELY STUPID.
    "God loves me" She says while showing most of her body. -__- It's the typical kind of girls now days. No modesty, always showing their bodies to the public for attention, ♥♥♥♥♥s etc...

How come IQ's are rising if we are getting dumber? How is technology growing, if we are getting dumber? How does saying god loves me have anything to do with stupidity?

&why exactly you are anti-israel? Because the whole israelis-arabs conflict?

Are you kidding me? This is still not working?

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2014
    Are you kidding me? This is still not working?

The whole thing with israelis and arabs? If you mean this, then no.
    There is racism from both sides which eff sht up >_> We could have achieved peace long time ago if it wasn't for all the racists. from both sides. and the suicide bombers. and the kassams [samll missiles]. Well, them attacking us in such ways make more racist and generalization. from both sides...

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • The whole thing with israelis and arabs? If you mean this, then no.
    There is racism from both sides which eff sht up >_> We could have achieved peace long time ago if it wasn't for all the racists. from both sides. and the suicide bombers. and the kassams [samll missiles]. Well, them attacking us in such ways make more racist and generalization. from both sides...

I was talking about the forum not letting me send the message. But, this works, too. :) you're right, they seriously do need to make peace. I don't think that will happen anytime soon because of all the turmoil in the Middle East.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2014
    I was talking about the forum not letting me send the message. But, this works, too. :) you're right, they seriously do need to make peace. I don't think that will happen anytime soon because of all the turmoil in the Middle East.

Well... At least I found something interesting to talk about >_> XD
    Yep. Each side bombs the other is not really the move that will make peace :/
    Nor racism or discrimination or generalization. Which happens in every side :/

The funny thing is, that the arabs wants this countrys lands. Which by the Qur'an is not allowed, I read an article that a muslim professor that [study's the Islam] says that these lands [and few more] belong to the Jewish people but because of the insane muslim leaders there is incitement.

I can send you the article but it's in hebrew...

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • Well... At least I found something interesting to talk about >_> XD
    Yep. Each side bombs the other is not really the move that will make peace :/
    Nor racism or discrimination or generalization. Which happens in every side :/

The funny thing is, that the arabs wants this countrys lands. Which by the Qur'an is not allowed, I read an article that a muslim professor that [study's the Islam] says that these lands [and few more] belong to the Jewish people but because of the insane muslim leaders there is incitement.

I can send you the article but it's in hebrew...

Give me a few years for me to learn Hebrew, and then send me the article. :) the Muslim people are called to be peaceful, so I have no idea why Muslim terrorists are killing people. Are they really Muslim?

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • Explain to me why there is a law that states that it is murder to punch a lady in the stomach and kill her baby if the baby is technically not alive yet.

Because our government, especially the government of the South, has been invaded by theocratic reactionaries who throw the Constitution out the window by declaring us a "Christian Nation" and making laws based on what is said in a 3000 year old book. Said laws oftentimes marginalize the LGBT community, science, atheists, Muslims, Jews, women, and other groups, and all the while the white male politicians who draft the laws say they're all to "protect our freedom".

stp

ShootThePuck
    Years
  • I disagree.

You're basing your evidence on religious ninth graders. That's not really a great way to start out your argument.

High school is not the most intellectual time in a person's life. Later on, people start to realize that being intellectual is far superior to trying to be popular and "cool" and they will start to become more interested in learning when they're not so worried about being judged and shunned by their most important peers. I guarantee things will change.

Being religious does not make you stupid. I see no reason that someone believing in a higher power makes them unintellectual. Personally, I don't believe in one, and I don't see why you would believe in one, but it's true I can't prove there isn't a higher power. If someone is very educated in math and science and literature but believes in a higher power, I'm not going to think they're stupid. That's just plain wrong and if you're doing that, you should really start to look at the world in the grand scheme of things. Technology is evolving faster than ever before. People are starting to be more accepting. More people are going to college and getting degrees.

You can't compare the world to "now". The comparison is to the past. Right now, our population is incredibly smart compared to the past. I'd say that's progress, wouldn't you?

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2014
    You're basing your evidence on religious ninth graders. That's not really a great way to start out your argument.

High school is not the most intellectual time in a person's life. Later on, people start to realize that being intellectual is far superior to trying to be popular and "cool" and they will start to become more interested in learning when they're not so worried about being judged and shunned by their most important peers. I guarantee things will change.

Being religious does not make you stupid. I see no reason that someone believing in a higher power makes them unintellectual. Personally, I don't believe in one, and I don't see why you would believe in one, but it's true I can't prove there isn't a higher power. If someone is very educated in math and science and literature but believes in a higher power, I'm not going to think they're stupid. That's just plain wrong and if you're doing that, you should really start to look at the world in the grand scheme of things. Technology is evolving faster than ever before. People are starting to be more accepting. More people are going to college and getting degrees.

You can't compare the world to "now". The comparison is to the past. Right now, our population is incredibly smart compared to the past. I'd say that's progress, wouldn't you?

The ninth graders are the copies of their parents [most of them] and they are brain-washed by their parents&their racist opinions.
    I do agree people know more, but knowing something doesn't make you smart. Your knowledge doesn't make you smart. ITS YOU! It's you who makes you smart. It's how you use the knowledge, and they just throw away everything they know [not discriminating, not to bully, etc] for their beliefs. I can't call that smart!

Well, thats what I think about being smart.

And in israel, a lot of people won't get matured even after their military years. A LOT of them. It's a really barbarian place, where I live... At least it's how I see it. They have no respect to anyone with different opinions...

I never said that believing in something makes you stupid. It's not true. It's how you use your knowledge [or in this case, because you don't use it] that makes you stupid.

A lot of people know a lot, but they are still stupid.

I am aware that a lot of atheists & agnostic people are insanely stupid too.

In other words, I have corrected my mind and I want to say, it's not that they don't know anything, they just have a wrong sense of morality.

stp

ShootThePuck
    Years
  • The ninth graders are the copies of their parents [most of them] and they are brain-washed by their parents&their racist opinions.
    I do agree people know more, but knowing something doesn't make you smart. Your knowledge doesn't make you smart. ITS YOU! It's you who makes you smart. It's how you use the knowledge, and they just throw away everything they know [not discriminating, not to bully, etc] for their beliefs. I can't call that smart!

Well, thats what I think about being smart.

And in israel, a lot of people won't get matured even after their military years. A LOT of them. It's a really barbarian place, where I live... At least it's how I see it. They have no respect to anyone with different opinions...

I never said that believing in something makes you stupid. It's not true. It's how you use your knowledge [or in this case, because you don't use it] that makes you stupid.

A lot of people know a lot, but they are still stupid.

I am aware that a lot of atheists & agnostic people are insanely stupid too.

In other words, I have corrected my mind and I want to say, it's not that they don't know anything, they just have a wrong sense of morality.

So you're mixing morality and intelligence? Hitler was an extremely smart man in some categories, he just had a disgusting sense of morality.

By the way, I'm Jewish and I'd prefer if you didn't call my homeland "barbaric", when it's clearly not. Just a bad situation at the moment.

Years
  • So you're mixing morality and intelligence? Hitler was an extremely smart man in some categories, he just had a disgusting sense of morality.

By the way, I'm Jewish and I'd prefer if you didn't call my homeland "barbaric", when it's clearly not. Just a bad situation at the moment.

I don't want to put you on the spot, but I do. What's your view on Israel and its relationship with Palestine?

stp

ShootThePuck
    Years
  • I don't want to put you on the spot, but I do. What's your view on Israel and its relationship with Palestine?

Israel is being the rich stuck-up jerk and Palestine is being a whiny brat that wants more and more.

I don't really think there's something that you can put the blame on. Although I guess you could blame the United Nations and other countries for making Palestine bitter? Palestine is firing rockets because they feel threatened, Israel is firing back because they feel threatened. Palestine is going to get crushed by Israel in a war, so they're kind of backed into a corner. Israel doesn't want to look like total bullies, though.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2014
    So you're mixing morality and intelligence? Hitler was an extremely smart man in some categories, he just had a disgusting sense of morality.

For some reason, I don't think Israel is they only barbaric place... Mostly the city I live in XD

Back