• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How my Adventure Began

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2016
    How my Adventure Began...by WaterIse

It's a VERY lengthy story, but I'll make it short as can be:

It all began in 1998, when Pokémon Red & Blue were released. Well, I was only 5 years old, so I slept in my parent's room in a Blue's Clues tent. I had a turquoise-colored GameBoy Color and I was currently playing Pokémon Red at night time. Well, as I began my Pokémon adventure, I chose Charmander as my starter. I rose him into a level 100 Legit Charizard. Then the following night something BAD happened.....I remember this clearly to: I pressed the Start button, I saw the "SAVE" option, but I didn't know what it meant when I was 5. So....I just turned my GameBoy Color off and when I woke up the following morning, I only went to find out that my Charizard was no longer there.

Ever since that drastic day, I vowed to always have a Charizard on my team and to always make it my #1 and favorite Pokémon of them all, no matter what. 11 years later and I'm still playing the old Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Crystal, Silver, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, and Leaf Green versions with my Charizard.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Wait, you raised your starter to level 100 in one night!?

Actually, I can believe that =P
    It might not be the case here, but for me at least, level grinding was soooo much easier when I was younger xD
    Shorter attention span, so each battle seems new and interesting and you get that shnazzy "doo da de dooo!" when you level up and it makes you feel so speshul, ya see?

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2016
    Yes, in one night. I just loved Charizard and wanted to be the best in the game. I went to TOys 'R' Us tournaments and won every single won -- I use to be on Google, I still am, but in my state (maybe others) I was known as the 'Master' from '96-'98.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2016
    :D Thanks. I just realized, re-reading what I said above, and no, I'm not trying to brag. DX

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
  • My Pokemon story began when my cousin got Pokemon Blue after school and I had to get Pokemon Red after I saw him beat the game. I started with my first favorite Pokemon ever, Charmander, than it evolved into Charizard.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I already closed this once. I don't know why you feel the need to post this in two different sections...anyway, there's a Memories Thread in the Color/Metal Gen boards, so post this there.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back