• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How often do you change your avatars online?

Years
    • Online now
    No basis.

Until I'm tired of looking at it, or there's simply something I want to use more. That can be a very short time or a very long time.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • I used to change up my whole deal once a month on here, but after finding a design I really liked I decided to keep it!... Then I paid Kitty for this awesome avatar I've got right now, and switched it all around again lol. I don't see myself changing it again. ^^
    As for other sites, I still haven't changed those around even once lol.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • I like doing it monthly here to change things up at a regular pace, but in other places it's usually either roughly every 3 months or every couple years. I've had the same twitter pfp for something like 3 years now (because they're matching pics of me and my bf's FFXIV characters) but I was thinking of having new ones and updating them sometime this year. It's really just whenever I get the urge. If I'm really into something or just happen to see a really good new picture, it could potentially change daily.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Very much like Tsutarja above, I was crazy about it years ago, constantly changing my profiles on Discord, PokeCommunity, and the like. Now it's at least a couple of months between each Discord change, and probably even less here on PC; I guess I'm more content now with being semi-stable than constantly changing and trying to get the feel right, especially with Flairs.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Basically never. Sometimes I swap out my avatar for Halloween/Christmas but otherwise I usually just have the same thing year-round. If I do change, it'll usually be every other year or something. I do like how on Discord, at least, with Nitro I can change my avatar based on server, so if I want to have a more relevant avatar for a server I've really gotten into, I don't have to change my whole vibe everywhere to accomplish it.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    Depends on the platform. On some I barely if ever change it, and on others (for example, Discord) I change it pretty frequently.

Years
  • Basically never. Most places I don't even bother setting one!
    Not sure why, I just never feel the need or find anything that I feel represents me enough I suppose

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I used to change mine often, back when I was trying to create an identity for myself online. These days, I'm not really around online that often to try that, so I stick with the same avatar for longer. (Which I guess makes it more likely to be recognized by that...?) The only avatar I change on a somewhat-often basis is the one for my online presence Google account, but those are always Pikachu icons anyhow. (I'm really enjoying my current one, though, so it might stick around longer.)

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    On here like every 5 years and conversely on discord every 5 minutes

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I like to settle on one avatar on forums, but sometimes that doesn't happen. This forum I have changed a lot, but to be fair to myself, I joined a whole 17 years ago. My current avatar may be "the one" that I stick with from now on.

Back