• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How often do you go to school and attend your classes?

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
  • I attend classes quite often to be honest. I actually kind of enjoy this feature. Most of the stuff the classes teach are things I already knew, but it's still a fun little feature for me. I enjoy the idea of a Pokémon university of sorts. It adds a new dynamic to the Pokémon franchise for me. What about you? Do you attend classes, or is it something you just don't care about?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I kind of have attended classes whenever I feel like it, and am most of the way through all of the classes atm. It's nice to have another little activity to do, and it sort of reminds me of going to school in Persona 5 and I loved that game. Most of the stuff in the lessons is stuff that I already knew since I've been playing Pokemon for eons, though it has on occasion told me something I didn't, like base crit chance being ~4% and such. It's the history and language classes I've liked the most given that the stuff in there is stuff you don't necessarily know just by playing Pokemon.

Years
  • I barely did these at all until the end. Maybe went through one or two classes but in the end I left it for post-story.. then blasted through each subject's classes haha. Took me a few days and it was a bit exhausting. But I liked seeing the teacher cutscenes that came with completing them!

Otherwise I hardly return to the school. One thing I wish they added was dorm room customization, if I could get/unlock furniture as I progressed through the story I would have definitely been popping by more often to decorate!

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Completed a few classes at the start. Promptly forgot about them, despite the notifications about new classes. Expected them to be tutorial-y. Returned for history classes in post-game.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • I'd complete two classes in one go after every gym or so then come back for two more later, completing the teachers' sidequests along the way. It honestly felt like I was actually cramming my studies when I did the midterms and final exams lol.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2023
    I was really excited about the classes in school, but I found them to be quite tedious. I think the concept has a lot of potential, but it just didn't quite hit the mark for me. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I still have to finish all :/

Years
  • finished all of my classes towards the end of the game. i can see how it can be kinda cumbersome to do, but i think the teacher interactions are well worth it imo, it really does build up their characters and even gives a lot of them (if not all of them, tbh) a bit of background.

still confused on why we need a language class though, even if mr. salvatore is kinda cool haha

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I never touch classes, only for the first time.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I finished them all, but I wish the rewards were better. The History classes seem to be the most important, since you can unlock the shrine locations and be able to fly to them.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    I haven't gone back once. Too busy shiny hunting. I care very little for the plot lol.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Whenever I get the notice about being able to attend new lessons, I do head back to the academy. So far I think it's fun and makes the journey feel more complete.
    History lessons are particularly interesting.

Back