• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How often do you swear?

Days
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Pretty often. But to be honest I think people are far too sensitive when it comes to the use of certain words - tone and context are far more significant than the words you use much of the time.

Years
    • Seen today
    During stressful or bothersome times in life my word choices can become more aggressive. Vulgarity can swing out. Usually due to a negative state of mind.

Otherwise I keep it light to none at all.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Never. Associates it with a lot of anger, for whatever reason. Recognizes plenty of other contexts, including humorous ones. Avoids it anyways. (Does not mind if others do, however.)

Enjoys silly word replacements more anyways. Will absolutely say "What the carp is this?".

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • It entirely depends on the people I'm talking to. If I'm in a group that swears a lot, so do I. If I'm on here, rarely ever if I don't feel like there is a very good reason to. (or in RP)
    I don't really care about it one way or the other, words are words to me. I more so care about the context they are said in. Alone IRL? No comment. :p

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    It depends on who I'm with, really. There's one person in my life that I try not to swear around at all. But there are other people that I'm around where every other word is a swear. It's just a matter of who I'm dealing with and the location where I'm at.

That's for speaking though. In writing, it's very rarely. Only when I'm writing about something that happened and the words just fit. Or if I'm writing about someone who has a nickname that is a swear.

I used to care about hearing other people swearing, and would look down on them for it. These days, I don't have the mental energy for it. If other people swear however often, it's whaterver.

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • In my head, always. It's stronger than you think. However when it comes out of my mouth, rarely. If you could listen to my inner monologues when my mind is crossed, you'd probably shut me up in 10 seconds. It's a wonder how I can filter out 90% of the stuff I wished I could say, but not risk to offend others. Less restraint on social media, of course. It's not like I'm being paid to say fu

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Sometimes. Not too often, but not uncommonly either.

I'm also bilingual, and I do notice myself swearing way more in Spanish than I do in English. Argentinian-specific swear words and vulgar expressions just convey the mood better.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Allll the time. 😭 I got into the habit when I went away for university and I was never able to get rid of it after, so I even swear around my parents all the times if I get frustrated. Oops!

Back