• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How often do you typo?

Years
    It really depends on two main things for me.
    Firstly, whether or not I am using a laptop or desktop keyboard. I have become so used to using my laptop, then when I began using this desktop again, I have been making typos all over the place.

It also depends on how tired/drunk I am. That really throws my typing of, which is bad, considering how obsessive I am when it comes to formatting and spelling. (Yes, I also insist on using the UK/Aus spelling for everything.)

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Lately I've been making typos so frequently that I've begun to wonder if I should run my comments through a word processor before sending them over MSN. XD

I suppose I make them a heck of a lot more in a live chat versus a forum where I can type as slowly and accurately as I please. That, and there is always the ever-so convenient edit button here. XD Plus, Firefox automatically draws my attention to words that I may have typed incorrectly.
    (Gee, so much convenience!)

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I don't normally typo, unless I'm unmindful. Theres only 10% chance of me making a typo.
    And thanks to the edit button, sometimes I spot mistakes and correct them. But most of the times they're too unnoticeable anyways...

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I make a type every so often, usually when I'm tired or something.
    Once I notice it I try to either edit it (Forums) or erase it and spell it over (Paper).

Apparently I type way too fast, and that makes it a chore to keep track of any typos I make until the last second.

Last edited:

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I make typos frequently. But since I usually proofread what I've typed before I hit enter or post I usually catch the typos. I also have a spell checker in Firefox so that helps curb my typos.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I make a typo about once every five sentences. On messenger, it's usually once every sentence for some reason though.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I normally always make a typo when I write a post; I touch-type so typos are pretty much compulsory. If Firefox didn't come with a spellchecker, I would've probably given up on the internet by now.

devilicious

dream
    Years
    I have to proofread my posts at least twice.

That's what I get for typing in both English and Portuguese.
    For instance, two of my tabs right now are English websites, and three are Portuguese. So yeah.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I rarely make typos unless I'm typing really fast. But I usually pick up on them and fix it before sending the message or post. Unless it's on MSN...

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    M a r i a † H o l i c says (1:48 AM):
    see iccant even type rpoeepeoh fudk properyl
    Minnie Ms. Teddy Bear says (1:48 AM):
    Lmaoooooooo

I only mess up when I'm sleep deprived or hungry, which is most of the time. I proofread my posts on here, but on instant messengers, I'm horrible.

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    I'm always making typos.
    A better question is "how often do you not typo?" for me. :(

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    About 80% of my post have typos in them. It's because I type really fast and backspacing throws off my awesome speed, so I just don't do it. I usually click "Post Quick Reply" before proof reading, so a lot of my post are edited to fix mistakes.

*posts and doesn't proofread*

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
    Years
    • CT
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    Never. I had a record in sixth grade for having the highest spelling test average out of all the kids. I know, a great accomplishment.

P.S. (Post script) Does anyone remember national sex? That was the most epic typo ever. Period.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Kayashi x Firefox Spell Check?

I don't make typos that often, but when I do they're ... awesome. Typos inspire me. \o/

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I actually make a moderate amount of typos, I just usually end up seeing them right as I'm typing and fix them. I also proofread everything I type, from school papers to forum posts and deviantART comments.

Back