• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How often do you use internet slang?

How often?

• Never. Its really noobish.

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Rarely/sometimes

Votes: 23 53.5%
  • Really often

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • liek, all teh time lol brb

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters
    Years
    How often? Not often really, all I use is lol, brb, wtf, ftw, ftl, stfu (a lot of times I'll spell it out), and iirc... compared with all the internet slang, that's not nearly enough for my to say I use it a lot. I dont use slang like "liek omg 111oneoneone c/-\|<|-=$" though.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I only use it when I'm joking around with my friends. Otherwise, I'm a huuuuuge grammar freak, so I use proper grammar.

Although, I tend to use "wtf," "atm," "btw," "brb," "stfu," you know... the common ones. XD;

JKLAZ

FireHeart and Kale are Awesome
    Years
    I use some of the more common ones like Lol, Brb, Gtg, Jk - but only sometimes

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    7|-|15 15 13375p34|<, |_34|2|\| 70 |234d 17 4|\|d y0u \/\/1|\| 7|-|3 1|\|73|2|\|37.
    This is leetspeak, learn to read it and you win the internet.
    Well, that's my style of it, and no you don't win the internet at all. I don't use it myself since it's redundant and never 'spoken' anyway.

I'm fall into the internet's 'middle class', in that I actually know what grammar and spelling are and use things like 'lol', 'brb' and whatnot only where their use becomes relevant.

Spenny

Payday
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2008
    Pretty much never. There's no point, it's not hard to type a few extra letters.

Mr. Curling Iron

u kujw bux :d
    Years
    I use it atleast two times a minute when I'm talking to someone/forums. xDD < see! THAT ONE ASWELL xDD
    lol :P

oh... and overusage of :P pl0x/.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    Sometimes I'll use it. I wouldn't over do it though. xD

I do use lol a lot, though what else would you put, y'know? Everytime someone typed something funny you wouldn't just go "That was funny." or "I laughed" because that kinda reply is gay! And it would get really bland after a while imo. -.-;; Then again, I guess you COULD use "haha" or something along the lines of that...meh.

But yea, I do use it sometimes. Not too much to the point where it gets really annoying though. I couldn't stand to type like that. :P

Oh, and I also throw in some of my own slang/other words/forms of words I've adopted throughout the years too. XD

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I only use 1337, w00t, teh, and pwn, sweeties. XD Other than that, I try to use proper grammar, sweeties. ^^

This is pretty much my answer as well. I see no point in using words like "liek," as it uses the same amount of characters as "like."

Years
    Other than a few terms and the occasional ASCII glyphs, I never really use such abbreviating language on proper whim. I prefer typing with proper grammar, even during hasty periods where I may need to rush away somewhere.

Years
    Like OMG! Why are you asking such foolishness?! LOL :laugh:

I use it quite often on Instant Messenger's, just for the randomness of it. I almost never use it on forums though.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Sometimes I use it when I feel the need to or to lazy to type in the whole dang thing, but most of the time I will type the whole word/sentence in because I feel the need to and it looks very proper.

Sushi.

AWESOME
    Years
    I don't really try to use internet slang too much. But, I sometime rare times say "leik", "brb", "wth", just not so much.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Apart from the odd "lol" or "btw", I hardly use internet slang. And if I did want to type in a reaction, I use asterixes *like this*. Although I do the occasional typo (darn keyboard!), I never EVER use lame mispellings like "teh" or "fanbois".

In my personal opinion, I don't particularly like it when people can't spell or use basic grammar like commas or full stops. It is even worse in sites like YouTube or Bebo.

Euphoric Magikarp

Magikarp ~<3
    Years
    I used to when I was about 11, but then I got chewed out on a forum for talking like an idiot, so now I try to use good grammar.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
    Sometimes. I only use lol, rofl or some abbreviations. They're only for shortcuts to make the sentence shorter and easier to read. But even though I type in complete sentence, my English grammar still sucks. :<

Back