• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How often does your power go out?

How often?

• Total voters

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    The storm season in VA has been terrible, it's almost like we never get a break. The last time our lights almost went out was July 4th. We were lucky that time, yes, our lights blinked a thousand times, but didn't go out. That time the rain was coming down so incredibly hard you could barely see outside, and the wind looked like it would knock a large branch off a tree, and the branch would fly through the window. But the last time our lights actually went out, and stayed out, was that terrible.. terrible day. .__. It was perfectly fine that afternoon, mom was at McDonalds getting a salad, and I was on the computer. All of a sudden, the lights go out for no apparent reason. I look outside, it's dark as can be, but not actually storming, then my brother called me from church to see if our lights were out. "Yes." Mom came back, and came back in the nick of time, she had sat at table, and was eating her salad. I noticed dad watching the door, I heard a huge wind gust, and next thing I know, dad says, "Uh-oh, we better head to the bathroom." Mom, the cats, and I ran in the bathroom for cover, daddy, stupididly runs outside. o_o He runs back in the bathroom, which you couldn't see in the bathroom since the lights were out, dad stays for about 2 minutes until he runs back outside. Everything was fine. It stopped storming, and now it was just showering, but the lights were still out. They didn't come back for two days, and why dad sent us in the bathroom, we don't know why. His excuse is, "I saw a funnel cloud."
    But of course, no one believes him. XD

But it wasn't too long after that we had another storm that did the same thing. Turns out we were watching the window, listening to the scanner, people were coming up saying stuff like, "Tornado at local high school. High schoolers were on the football field at the time." Then, as my brother watching the window, "It's getting kind of dark over there." We didn't pay attention. Then my brother says, "Those dark clouds are coming towards us a little fast." We all glanced, but still didn't pay much attention, then it hit, my brother says, "Whoa..." Mom, dad, and I looked at the window, the pitch black clouds were moving faster than a car at top speed, they all started coming together and spinning, the spinning black clouds were moving to the right of us, but kept gaining speed. My Uncle who lives right by us called, "Are you watching this?"
    "Yes." Mom answered.
    "Y'all better go to the bathroom fast!" My poor southern accented family. ._. The lights went out, we were all in the bathtub. XD Dad, does the same stupid thing, and goes outside. Dad ran in the bathroom, layed on the floor, and looked like he was covering his head, then the conversation lights up with dad saying, "Since I'm in the bathroom, I might as well take a dump." XD Everything was fine, the storms had lightened up, and the lights came back on, but they were out for quite awhile. That hasn't happened again, and hopefully it won't ever happen again, but those were the storms that knocked the lights out for awhile.

That was just recently though, the longest it's ever been out was Hurricane Isabel hitting, it was out for about a week.

Last edited:

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    My power goes out rarely and when it goes I am always using something plugged in. At times different parts of the house power goes out while power is still in another room. Last time I can remember when there was a terrible storm here last year and the whole streets power was off, street lights and all.

Years
    Uh... it went out for about 45 minutes last Thursday, and it blinked once or twice yesterday.

It's been raining pretty hard for the past week... not for long periods of time, but when it is raining, it's bad. XD

It doesn't go out very often... mostly since it hardly rains here. XD But whenever it DOES rain, it usually goes out at least once.

cieux

banned
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2011
    It depends on where I am. In Viet Nam, it runs out like once a week. In Canada, I've only seen the power out, once, when I was one and a half. I still remember seeing candle lights for the first time.

fy@x5

~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Every few months, not really all that often. Only when therz liek, a storm or something.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Usually in summer, but most of the time I'm not at home to see it, and the failures last a few minutes. A month ago we got one, but the power returned in a couple of minutes.

Years
    I'd say around every 3 - 4 months. There was a power outage here a couple days ago, it was the result of a huge storm that swept across most of the country.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    My power doesn't go out often, but when it does, either a lot of appliances are on or it lasts for a while.
    just a few weeks ago, the neighbourhood had rolling blackouts, but it was only for a few seconds.
    the only time it was really out for a while was when there was a huge thunderstorm and a lot of big trees were blasted from the root.
    even that lasted about a few hours.

Victoria~

surrender to my s o c k s~
    Years
    I don't remember.. I guess, sometime in last year's november.
    Some stupid truck hit a light post and the power went out for like.. 15 hours at my neighbourhood. God, EXTREMELY boring. I'm nothing without internet and a micro wave..
    The power doesn't go out that often.. But some years ago, the whole country was kinda.. apreensive.. there was a chance of a total failure at the electric sistems. Like, the country would be without light for some months ://
    But it didn't happen :B

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Like, every single freaking night 8(

Err... not often, though one time the power went out because our house got struck by lightning... it wasn't pretty. D: Lucky we had a lightningrod. -shot'd-

Back