• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How old are the player characters suppossed to be in X/Y?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    How old are they suppossed to be now? In Gens 1-4, they were about 10 or 11. In Gen 5, it was about 14. So how about Gen 6? I think they're about 16.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    The rivals all act rather touched in the head for that age range.

Probably around 12-13 for the lot of them.

I'm pretty sure that Shauna, Tierno, and Trevor are all younger than the player and Calem/Serena. I was talking about the age of the person you plays as.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I think that the characters are supposed to be pre-teens. A little older than Ash in the anime, but still fairly young. They all seem to be close to the same age too. :)

Sleeping Eevee

Let Sleeping Eves Lie
    Years
  • I think the player and Calem/Serena are about 14-15, while Tierno is probably around that age as well. Shauna and Trevor are probably 12-13. Dunno, though. I just imagine Calem to be the older brother if all the characters were siblings, he has that personality.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Due to having the option to give Calem a mustache, which something pre-teens do not have, I say he and Serena are in their mid to late teens.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Due to having the option to give Calem a mustache, which something pre-teens do not have, I say he and Serena are in their mid to late teens.

Wait, you can seriously give Calem a moustache? I had no idea, since I opted for Serena.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    I agree by default Serena and Calem are 15ish. But when it's the player character, they basically become whatever age you want which is why they never say their age specifically in game.
    I'd say Trevor is about 15 too, he's just a small person. Could be a mature 13 year old though.

Arrow

I'd like to be a tree :3
    Years
  • I'm guessing at least 14-16. Them and Calem/Serena seem to act mature enough to be between those age. Perhaps Tierno too. Trevor is at least 13 in my opinion while Shauna is between 12 and 13.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • The fact that they don't specify the characters age is probably by design. I think they're leaving it up to the player. I prefer not to think about it, though compared to some anime character I've seen, it's not a stretch to assume they could be as old as 19 (especially with some of the girls fairly mature looks) or as young as 10 (with some of the boy's fairly immature looks lol)

Anime characters don't seem to have a lot of fluctuation in their facial features between these ages, and they often look much younger than they are. Their exact ages are always speculative until verbally expressed either in the plot of the show, or other means.

Shadeh

KABOOM!
    Years
  • from the looks of it, they both look around 13-16, probably because nintendo noticed the older age group coming to like pokemon maybe?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Diantha must be somewhere at the age of eighteen, as she's an actress. Not all actors and actresses are eighteen, but most are. Everyone else (including Tierno, Trevor, Shauna, Calem, and Serena) could be between fifteen and sixteen.

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
    Years
  • I think you can make your trainer be any age you want from about 11 to 18ish because you can change what they look like. The thing is, they look way more proportioned and mature in the PR videos and the dressing room compared to what they normally look like through the game. They look really different.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Gonna go with the majority and say that Serena and Calem are the oldest of the bunch~ The rest of them seem too immature to be as old as those two. Though I thought that all protagonists in the Pokemon games were 11 years old?

Back