• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How old are you as a pokemon GBA addict?

How old are you as a Pokemon GBA addict?

• 5-10 years old

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • 11-19 years old

Votes: 94 78.3%
  • 20-29 years old

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • 30-39 years old

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 40-49 years old

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 50-60 years old

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 61 and over years old

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2009
    I am very curious about the age distribution of pokemon GBA addicts such as myself. How old are you?

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I'm 13, so, yeah. I keep it a secret but I ain't ashamed of it.

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
    Years
    I'm not really ashamed of it either, it's just that I don't care much for everyone in my school to know that I play Pokemon still. I know many people who play, and I talk to them about the finer aspects of the game, but I try to hide it from those who think it's childish to play it. I mean, seriously, what elementary school child is going to know anything about IV's or EV's?

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Exactly, it's none of their business and I don't want to take a chance for some rude moron to try and make fun of me for it.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm 16, and I have friends that accept me for who I am. So, I never am made fun of.
    Everyone knows I love pokemon, and it's never been a problem for me.

I can say the same.
    Even if some of my friends don't really like Pokemon anymore, they don't look down on me for liking it.

That goes for the anime, as well as the games.

I'm 20, by the way.

A Loc BK

4425 1371 5707
    Years
    im 15 and still play it and my friends know but it aint nothin
    My friends bag on people alot and i showed them some pokemon and sometimes they say

(ooo you big bulbasaur headass)
    (Aye i wouldnt be talking cuz you look like wobbufet)

But they only say that when they are just playin around

Cid

Years
    I'm actually in the 11-19 age group... Most teens are Pokemon addicts (well, most teens that I know, lol)...

gotron228

^_^
    Years
    I'm 13 and I'm not ashamed of my Pokemon addictiveness my friends hate Pokemon except for abut 5 but I'm the one who's the Pokemon nerd at my school anyway my other friends don't care they accept me for who I am and that's all i need for example they play sports I hate sports I'd rather be doing science and stuff like that. So yeah and I've been a fan ever since I was born my family says the first teddy bear I got was a pikachu plushie doll. And my cousin back then used to dub Japanese Pokemon Episodes and he said he'd sit me on his lap and I'd clap ever since I heard the word Pokemon or even saw one.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2008
    I'm 20, ain't no shame in it. Also, I know five people +/- one year from my age that like it. It doesn't have to be a 24/7 thing, I just started watching the anime from where I left off when I was a kid..around the Johto era.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2010
    I'm 14 years old, And I just crazy about Pokemon...
    Games are so mysterious and stuff, I really like Pokemon and people that I know respect me as who I am. :3

j_

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2008
    I'm 18.. Started playing when I was nine, back in the day. Sold all my Nintendo stuff sometime around 2002 / 2003, just gotten back into it with my shiny new DS and a copy of Diamond :)

I only know about maybe three people in my peer group who play Pokemon, tops. No-one else really cares an awful lot though! I was sitting in maths this morning for example, and heard "Whats that you're playing, wow they still make Pokemon games?! I'll have to buy that :)"

..Beyond

Cut your losses.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2014
    I'm 16. I have all of the (official) American-released games aside from Leaf Green and Diamond, and I play about none of them. However, I just got back into Blue Version and I'm going to be training occasionally in there to up my team for the Elite Four (Blastoise, Zapdos, Magmar, Gyarados, Tauros, Machoke). I also think I'm at a reasonably good point in my Red Version (which I restarted as a result of my Charizard hitting lv. 70 and fearing that I couldn't control it)... probably halfway through Silph Co.

I don't so much play the GBA games unless it's to prepare for migration into Pearl.

I don't flaunt it, but I don't deny that I still play the games, and the people I hang out with either play it already, got back into it as a result of me reminding them about it, or don't care.

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    I started pokemon from basically the day i was born. I am still a huge fan years and years later :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back